• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Let's play some freshmen!

Seems to be working for Arizona State. They're sitting at 5-1 with 2 on the road wins against Top 20 teams.
I know things aren’t linear, but just another example of a coach coming in and turning things around pretty quickly. But I’m sure it’s because he didn’t have Riley before him and was dealt a much better hand :rolleyes:

Arizona State is a great comparison to Nebraska actually. They recruit at a level lower than Nebraska and haven’t really been relevant for some time, yet their coach has them in a really good spot despite their team having 2 sub .500 years in 3 seasons prior to Herm Edwards taking over.

No excuses. We need to get better.

That said, don’t burn redshirts now. If you were going to do this do it right away like they did in Tempe.

Last edited:
I know things aren’t linear, but just another example of a coach coming in and turning things around pretty quickly. But I’m sure it’s because he didn’t have Riley before him and was dealt a much better hand :rolleyes:

Arizona State is a great comparison to Nebraska actually. They recruit at a level lower than Nebraska and haven’t really been relevant for some time, yet their coach has them in a really good spot despite their team having 2 sub .500 years in 3 seasons prior to Herm Edwards taking over.

That said, don’t burn redshirts now. If you were going to do this do it right away like they did in Tempe.

The difference is that Herm Edwards plays to win the game.

The difference is that Herm Edwards plays to win the game.

This gif is circulated on the group chat, feel free to put it in your arsenal:

Image result for herm edwards nut tap gif

In the PAC they don't have to face powerhouses like Northwestern, Purdue, or Minnesota :Biggrin:

Says the guy that roots for ISU. People liking another program or person shouldn't be foreign to you.

You can stop stalking every post of mine with this bullcrap. Other than Brock Purdy and Matt Campbell, I cant name anyone on this year’s ISU team or staff. I graduated from Iowa State. At least I have a connection there, which is primarily basketball.

Did you graduate from ASU?

Respectfully disagree, we don't have 6 games remaining if we don't win 2 more, you play your best guys to win 2 more, so pick the games that are most winnable and play the freshman accordingly, and yes, you sit them for one or 2 games as needed to preserve redshirt if that's been the game plan. Like I said, playing them against Wisconsin is probably a wasted game at this point. Everyone benefits if they go to a bowl game regardless of whether they get to play or not, via extra practices, bowl experience, etc.
I agree with the redshirts be damned. I mean, if a kid can play at this level, get his ass on the field. If he needs time to develop, fine, leave the redshirt. Saving them just to save them is garbage. This is a win now game. Isn’t anyone just tired of all the losing?

Hell, I’ve found myself losing interest. I still pay attention and watch, but it’s nothing like what it used to be. Maybe that’s part old age but I think it’s just tired of seeing them get their ass kicked by lesser teams time after time. I don’t even worry about the Alabama’s, the Clemsons, Ohio State, OU (although we play them in less than 2 years), any of them. Just beat the teams you should then you can worry about them later. Geez, this team just can’t get out of its own way, no matter who the coach is.

You don't think Frost and staff want to win? Do you honestly believe that they aren't putting the best players on the field already?

You can stop stalking every post of mine with this bullcrap. Other than Brock Purdy and Matt Campbell, I cant name anyone on this year’s ISU team or staff. I graduated from Iowa State. At least I have a connection there, which is primarily basketball.

Did you graduate from ASU?
You're mocking people for liking another school while you actively root for another school. Just pointing out hypocrisy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back