• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Let's play some freshmen!

LoneStarHusker

Recruit
5 Year Member
5 games left, let's put some freshmen in that are ready and take the training wheels off, seriously what do we have to lose? I think any sane person would agree that we are likely going to get trucked by Wisconsin, so play the freshmen in the other 4 games, maybe we win 2 and get a bowl game invite. The current lineup is not getting it done after 7 games in year 2, shake it up, let them get their feet week for next year and maybe just maybe get us over the hump in 2 games.

5 games left, let's put some freshmen in that are ready and take the training wheels off, seriously what do we have to lose? I think any sane person would agree that we are likely going to get trucked by Wisconsin, so play the freshmen in the other 4 games, maybe we win 2 and get a bowl game invite. The current lineup is not getting it done after 7 games in year 2, shake it up, let them get their feet week for next year and maybe just maybe get us over the hump in 2 games.

Balancing act is required. If someone hasn't yet burned their RS, I don't want to pull it now. For the guys who've already gone over 4, let's play them.

Nelson and Reimer at LB: I think Nelson should get a shot to start at Davis' spot. Bye week is perfect to do it. Reimer needs to play more. If the guys who are starting can't find their gaps to fill, get him out there

Newsome is already playing at DB, Robinson is already playing at WR/RB

if there was someone I'd pull from the rest, it would be Darien Chase if he is anywhere close to playing. Him + Warner could have a big impact on the offense going forward this year.

Benhart is a tough one. Is he better than Bando would be at RT? a banged up (I'm assuming he's still beat up a bit) Jaimes hasn't played well either, so who plays? I'm just not sure that the benefit is worth pulling his RS right now. Not sure that any other OLinemen are ready play - maybe Piper?

We could probably get 4 games from a few people - Henrich, Snodgrass,

To me LB and WR are the biggest holes that could be helped by a Frosh.

this guy have any playing time left?

If the players with the redshirt option remaining won't make enough difference to beat Wisconsin or Iowa, might as well use them in the some of the other games and save the redshirt.

I don't believe the Patriots truly thought Tom Brady was "quite ready" either when Bledsoe went down.

Maybe....just maybe we have some "Brady's" just waiting to snap on the chin strap?

Might as well find out.

If you have the talent, play it. No point in waiting for it. Who knows what might happen over the next 4 years. A player could transfer, have injuries (God forbid) or have an off the field issue. Play your best players as soon as they are mentally ready.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back