• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Lets' get a Husker contingent on the Price Is Right !

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Max has charisma :Biggrin: and anybody that can get in the Heisman presentation room should have noooo problem getting on The price is right stage!

I've always thought WestTexasHusker is as charismatic as they come!

My aunt worked for Mark Goodson Productions when she lived in Burbank.....my grandparents had been on the show multiple times and on the family feud too....thing is, whoever I help can only be in the audience and not actually participate on the show. That is a long standing rule of the program, probably others too, you can't be "on" the show if you are a friend or family member.

My aunt worked for Mark Goodson Productions when she lived in Burbank.....my grandparents had been on the show multiple times and on the family feud too....thing is, whoever I help can only be in the audience and not actually participate on the show. That is a long standing rule of the program, probably others too, you can't be "on" the show if you are a friend or family member.

Oh man that sucks. I want a shot at a new vacuum or dishwasher bare minimum.

I remember Derek Brown was on the show a few years back. Made it to spin the big wheel but that's as far as he got. Sportin' Husker gear too!

Here is the response from Todd Nelson at the Nebraska Coast Connection.

Hi David,

Here's how the show works. First you order tickets for your group -- the CBS/Price website is the best way, but you can also visit the CBS Studios ticket office most days. (If I help with the tickets, as a CBS employee, your group will only get to watch the show but not get to compete). Identify your group is from Nebraska -- the show always likes contestants to be from other states rather than California.

Most groups wear matching t-shirts or something to make their group stand out. When you arrive for the taping, a producer will interview everyone in line and they decide who gets to "Come On Down" and compete on the show. Obviously, they will be looking for the most outgoing, interesting, excited potential contestants who will make for the best tv show. It's a fun experience to see the show, even if you don't get on stage.

Hope that helps.

Todd

A Husker group at the Price is Right would be awesome. Just finally started working on an update to that LA travel guide I began a while back and the Price is Right was going to be an "attraction" listed in the next installment.

According to their ticketing site Sept 5th/6th would really be the only options. They don't tape every day as Drew likes to maximize his leisure time. The good news is he's a great boss from everything I've heard. (A friend at CBS does some work on the show.) When the World Cup happened in 2010 Drew took the entire month off to go to South Africa but paid the staff and crew out of his own pocket so they didn't lose any money.

What NCC Todd says about "not knowing" anyone to get tickets is true. Game shows have pretty tight eligibility rules stemming from the quiz show scandals of the 1950's so if you want to be a contestant it'd be best to go through normal channels to get tickets.

According to the PTR website, if you can get a confirmed group of 15-20 you'll have guaranteed seats for a taping and they'll be a 99.999% chance of one of you getting to contestants row.

Now if there's less than 15 of you, General Admission is a different ball of wax. The free tickets are always "oversold" so you'd want to be in line by 6am or even a little earlier (if you were doing a morning taping).

No matter the size of your group though, make sure you're all wearing matching clothes. If you can pull off custom shirts that will only be bonus points for your group.

I went during Bob Barker's final year just for kicks and to say I got to see him in action. It was a great time and a little surreal to be one of a few non-tourists there. Did get to meet some nice folks from all over which made it fun.

Here's what to expect:

Once they bring everyone in you'll be put in a corral of sorts for a head count (at this point leftover people get sent home).

Staffers will come through and get your info and give you your name tag. When that's done you get a "break" and are free to leave for an hour or two- a great time to go have a second breakfast.

When you come back it's a little more "hurry up and wait" but it goes much quicker. As you make your way into the studio, the casting director will give you the once over and ask you a question or two. That's as much of an "audition" as you get so make it count.

Once inside the first thing you'll notice is everything is a lot smaller than you thought it'd be. But there won't be much sitting around as they'll be pretty much ready to go when you arrive. The taping itself moves quickly and is a lot of fun. You'll be out in under two hours and more than ready for lunch.

Good thing the Farmer's Market is right next door.

Price is Right website

For Price is Right tickets

Darnit, I now kinda wish I'd opted to a trip to the UCLA game instead of the Ohio State game. :(

David Max was one of my guests in the studio when I was on Wheel of Fortune, and I consider him a good luck charm for my winning that show. I'd love to give the Price is Right a shot sometime, too! :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back