• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Let the Minnesota exodus begin

I suppose Minnesota could survive this, as they do have another 4-star QB ranked slightly higher verbally committed to the 2021 class. But it sounds like MN didn't want Jackson at QB, which is why he bolted for the Boilers.

I see Nebraska had an offer extended to Jackson in December. Considering that he's committed three times already, the Huskers could be his 4th, 5th, or 6th commitment. :Biggrin:

Minnesota had two 4* QB commits for the 2021 class before Jackson defected?

So now Minnesota AND Purdue both have higher-rated QBs than us for the 2021 class?

I want the 80s and 90s back!

No complaints with Haarberg. Just strange to see those two schools with QB recruits who are rated more highly (but are not necessarily better).
We have had 3 straight losing seasons. These kids most likely don't know anything about the 90's brand of Husker football, or more precisely, don't care about the 90's brand of Husker football. When we start to win and get back to 10 - 11 + winning seasons, this will change dramatically back to our favor.

Last edited:
We have had 3 straight losing seasons. These kids most likely don't no anything about the 90's brand of Husker football, or more precisely, don't care about the 90's brand of Husker football. When we start to win and get back to 10 - 11 + winning seasons, this will change dramatically back to our favor.
Spot on. The ‘94-‘97 era means as much to these kids as the ‘70-‘72 meant to me at that age, cool history but occurred years before I was born.

Minnesota had two 4* QB commits for the 2021 class before Jackson defected?

So now Minnesota AND Purdue both have higher-rated QBs than us for the 2021 class?

I want the 80s and 90s back!

Big Ten money. Both schools have held off interest from other programs interested in their coaches. Both have been able to sign their best classes in decades. Even when things have turned for us, there are essentially going to be no easy outs in the Big Ten.

We have had 3 straight losing seasons. These kids most likely don't no anything about the 90's brand of Husker football, or more precisely, don't care about the 90's brand of Husker football. When we start to win and get back to 10 - 11 + winning seasons, this will change dramatically back to our favor.

How I wish this would or could happen.

These kids most likely don't no anything about the 90's brand of Husker football, or more precisely, don't care about the 90's brand of Husker football.

Right now for them - Minny, Purdue, and Nebraska are all at the same level, and we may be 3rd in that group. That's who we are. Hopefully we start to realize our potential.

Right now for them - Minny, Purdue, and Nebraska are all at the same level, and we may be 3rd in that group. That's who we are. Hopefully we start to realize our potential.
I'll say it again - Selling a vision is no match for touting a record. Even talking up possible early playing time won't work. Top talent doesn't want to play on a losing team. Gotta somehow show positive results on the field, even if that means nothing more than not getting blown out in prime time games. An upset once in a while would go a long ways too.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back