• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Let’s be clear on our losses

I agree winning isn't everything. But it is something. And it is something that coming close in a couple of games leads many to think the 4th year coach with a career at NU losing record is doing a good job. 4th year! Coming close is not nearly enough.

Now if somehow he can get three more wins out of this season, then I think that the Administration will keep him on with all kinds of comments about "Now we are getting somewhere."

OK. I understand that. And maybe they are right, or maybe getting the buy out money for him is too hard to do based on paying out other coaches in the recent past.

But coming close is not nearly good enough in his fourth year. Many on the board seem supportive of him so seem to disagree with me. I undertand that also. Hope springs eternal.

But what the heck. Maybe they will knock off Iowa or OSU to get to six wins. I don't think so. I think they have to sweep Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Purdue. By that I mean win the games - not just look "improved," or come close, but win. Hope they do.
Well, games will be played, so we will find out.

There are moral victories, but when they pile up in lieu of actual wins, they begin to lose their shine.
GBR
These games were NOT moral victories. Moral victories is a real pathetic team who rises up and gives one valiant effort. We've played well enough to win, sans a few errors, against three good foes. That is the start of consistency. If we can maintain this consistency, we should get more wins, hopefully three or more. I am not hammering our team or denigrating their efforts as "moral victories." We have made very real, tangible improvements. I want to see them maintained and expanded. And I hope at least three actual additional victories this season. And I think four is plausible and maybe even five if we can play real good.

Last edited:
This thread fires me up as much as a Martinez fumble with 3 minutes to go in a tie game.

You get what you tolerate.

"We didnt get destroyed by 4+ touchdowns and only lost because of sloppy play towards the end of the game. And hey, I saw progress! I am really pleased. Give the team a few years to grow up and they will be unstoppable."

Sounds kind of ridiculous, doesnt it? Especially after hearing it for 4 years. They have grown. They graduated and no, they never did lead Nebraska to the promised land (or even a bowl game).

Do we want to be the type of fan base that tries to rationalize away a loss and losing season by pointing out improved play and touting "At least we were competitive in our losses this year!" or "just wait until next year! It will be different. We might win some of those games! <gasp>" That's the type of mentality I would expect from Vanderbilt's fan base or any team that has resigned itself to being a bottom feeder of a power conference.

Last edited:

AM’s Forward progress was Stopped and
The zebras would’ve waited another three minutes before they noted that allowing the ball to be forced out of his hands in order to preserve the Michigan win

I would not have posted this if I had not Google researched it carefully before hand.

But you go ahead and "Believe" what you want.......
Joe Avezzano, Oregon state. First 5 years. 0-11, 1-10, 1-9, 2-8-1, 2-9.

Dave. Kragthorpe, Oregon State. First 6 years. 3-8, 3-8, 2-9, 4-6-1, 4-7-1, 1-10

Jerry Pettibone. Oregon State. First 6 years. 1-10, 1-9-2, 4-7, 4-7, 1-10, 2-9.

Not questioning your intention but Google is wrong for one of us.

Joe Avezzano, Oregon state. First 5 years. 0-11, 1-10, 1-9, 2-8-1, 2-9.

Dave. Kragthorpe, Oregon State. First 6 years. 3-8, 3-8, 2-9, 4-6-1, 4-7-1, 1-10

Jerry Pettibone. Oregon State. First 6 years. 1-10, 1-9-2, 4-7, 4-7, 1-10, 2-9.

Not questioning your intention but Google is wrong for one of us.
And then we also hired another loser from OSU. Makes sense!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back