• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Let’s be clear on our losses

I agree winning isn't everything. But it is something. And it is something that coming close in a couple of games leads many to think the 4th year coach with a career at NU losing record is doing a good job. 4th year! Coming close is not nearly enough.

Now if somehow he can get three more wins out of this season, then I think that the Administration will keep him on with all kinds of comments about "Now we are getting somewhere."

OK. I understand that. And maybe they are right, or maybe getting the buy out money for him is too hard to do based on paying out other coaches in the recent past.

But coming close is not nearly good enough in his fourth year. Many on the board seem supportive of him so seem to disagree with me. I undertand that also. Hope springs eternal.

But what the heck. Maybe they will knock off Iowa or OSU to get to six wins. I don't think so. I think they have to sweep Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Purdue. By that I mean win the games - not just look "improved," or come close, but win. Hope they do.
You are correct. 4th year and coming close is not good enough

Okay let's take each of the highlighted statements in order because they are the summation of this thread.
1. Played three top ten teams close: Wow, have you forgotten when were we "Nebraska", say 1971 and beat three top ten teams to finish number 1? When it was uncommon to lose to a top ten team except Oklahoma, or maybe Colorado?

And now the fan base is supposed to swallow the notion that after a 4 YEAR REBUILD, being close to winning is a major improvement!

2. Close to where we want to be: May I remind you that as recently as 2014 we were winning at least 9 games EVERY YEAR. Yes, many hoped for more from Bo, but he did not have three straight and likely four losing season, the worst record since Bill Jennings!

3. "Perfection": No, just like to see something other than Bill Jennings level performance! Scott has the second worst record in the history of this university covering more than 100 proud years of performance.

No coach in NCAA history has had four straight losing seasons and been brought back for a fifth year except, wait for it.........Bill Jennings!

If Mel Tucker can turn the MSU Spartans around to 6-0 in his second year (using the transfer portal), if the woeful Mike Riley can go 9-4 and a bowl game as a HC, then you CAN NOT justify returning Scott to the HC position at DONU after 4 straight losing seasons.
I agree with you, if we have 4 straight losing seasons how can we keep this coach. It doesn’t make sense.

Last edited:

I didn't forget.
That was then. This is now.

Reality can be hard to to swallow, but its where we are.

Is there another definition of "close"?
If they keep playing as hard as they have been, and make just 1 or 2 fewer mistakes, the wins will come.

I never watched Bill Jennings teams.
Have you? If not, then you are only making simplistic comparisons without any context. I get it. Its easy.

I am disappointed and perplexed that other schools seem to have success sooner with new coaches, and don't understand why its such a struggle for Nebraska

Sure you can. You just don't want to.
You're wasting your time.

You're wasting your time.

There are a handful that remind me of the old Public Address loop tape at Stapleton International before Denver International opened.

"The White zone is for loading and unloading only. Vehicles left unattended will be towed"

"The White zone is for loading and unloading only. Vehicles left unattended will be towed"

There are always more. Remember that guy Nstalgic? Or Big D Zasker (aka SUHperman)?

There were a few more that I can't remember right now.
Yeah. LOL. Those guys were clowns. So was goldenhusker. Socal red. Bigredmachine.

I've been pretty absent from the football board in recent years. Lots of new faces. Not sure who is what, so I'm just feeling people up. I mean out.

Last edited:

Yeah. LOL. Those guys were clowns.

I've been pretty absent from the football board in recent years. Lots of new faces. Not sure who is what, so I'm just feeling people up. I mean out.

It's been really odd the last few years.

Between the free membership, the sock accounts and the axes to grind, you'll find no shortage of people looking to piss on your shoes.

It's really awesome.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back