• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Let’s be clear on our losses

Joe Avezzano, Oregon state. First 5 years. 0-11, 1-10, 1-9, 2-8-1, 2-9.

Dave. Kragthorpe, Oregon State. First 6 years. 3-8, 3-8, 2-9, 4-6-1, 4-7-1, 1-10

Jerry Pettibone. Oregon State. First 6 years. 1-10, 1-9-2, 4-7, 4-7, 1-10, 2-9.

Not questioning your intention but Google is wrong for one of us.
A couple of things:
1. My "intention" was to try and present factual information, as I always do with my posts.
I apologize that Google let me down in my search.
I don't have an agenda, I just look for factual information and let it lead me where it does.
2. With that said, your search shows that like with Bill Jennings, keeping a coach who has four straight losing seasons, leads only to a fifth losing season in all known circumstances.
So logically, why would AD TA want to do that?

GBR

A couple of things:
1. My "intention" was to try and present factual information, as I always do with my posts.
I apologize that Google let me down in my search.
I don't have an agenda, I just look for factual information and let it lead me where it does.
2. With that said, your search shows that like with Bill Jennings, keeping a coach who has four straight losing seasons, leads only to a fifth losing season in all known circumstances.
So logically, why would AD TA want to do that?

GBR
I’m not disagreeing with you and sorry if you misinterpreted my original questioning. I’m not a firm believer that we should keep a coach for a fifth season if he has already lost his first four. I would have liked to have a historical reference if needed for ammunition and your original post caught my eye. I guess the real analysis should be has a coach who has ever lost his first 4 seasons ever turned it around.

Now in saying this I still think SF has passed the eye test for improvement this year and has a good chance at getting to .500. If he doesn’t…..my guess is he has lost some games the fan base will be disappointed enough in that most would understand moving on.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back