• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Leftovers

KingTM

All Big 10
5 Year Member
I usually try to snap a pic of what I make but things got a bit hazy and I forgot. Here are some leftover chicken and biscuits from yesterday, though. Man, those were good. I nailed the seasoning as I like mine really spicy but damned if I remember the recipe.

I smothered them in gravy Saturday night but had it on the side for dipping, yesterday. That's strawberry jam for those of you whom are wondering. The only way to eat a chicken biscuit in the South.

20180128_133219_zpszdzcnwaj.jpg

And that's the bottom of a Gatorade bottle in the background. Lots of hydration yesterday.

I usually try to snap a pic of what I make but things got a bit hazy and I forgot. Here are some leftover chicken and biscuits from yesterday, though. Man, those were good. I nailed the seasoning as I like mine really spicy but damned if I remember the recipe.

I smothered them in gravy Saturday night but had it on the side for dipping, yesterday. That's strawberry jam for those of you whom are wondering. The only way to eat a chicken biscuit in the South.

Dayum...

You call it leftovers i call it fridge stuff. Open the fridge and make something great to eat. Well done.

That works too and, thanks. It was really good.

Living in Chicago suburbs and being a Northerner I obviously have been around much different foods. One of my favorite easy slap together breakfast is a tube of Jimmy Dean hot sausage, browned with some spices like sage, thyme or whatever trips my trigger. Don't drain off the fat add flour and cook to take the flour taste out, add milk to make a sausage gravy, then add sriracha sauce for heat. Served over biscuits. add some sunny side up eggs and it is complete.

Living in Chicago suburbs and being a Northerner I obviously have been around much different foods. One of my favorite easy slap together breakfast is a tube of Jimmy Dean hot sausage, browned with some spices like sage, thyme or whatever trips my trigger. Don't drain off the fat add flour and cook to take the flour taste out, add milk to make a sausage gravy, then add sriracha sauce for heat. Served over biscuits. add some sunny side up eggs and it is complete.
Perfect, absolutely perfect. All the way down to the Sriracha. I keep a bottle at the house and one in my desk. I've completely stopped salting/peppering my food and use it, instead.

I also have the problem of making something and then forgetting what I did after. Alcohol fuels the creativity but dammit if I don't forget what I did. The wife always gets mad later when I can't remake it exactly.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back