• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lean Run or Lean Pass

NailsforBreakfast

Recruit
5 Year Member
I want Frost to decide which way he is going to go with this offense and actually follow through with an identity. Tired of the talking about running it, but not actually sticking to it. Tired of running 3 or 4 different backs out there with somehow so many different styles of RB from Yant to Belt. Frost actually seems to prefer the pass, but doesn't fully commit to that. Has had big fairly athletic WRs and TEs, but doesn't come close to utilizing them to their capabilities. The offensive line doesn't do either well, maybe leaning one direction would help them develop better.

Before he decides on an OC, OL coach, etc, he should figure out exactly what type of offense he wants to use. Does he want to Lean Run or Lean Pass? Figure it out and let's go.

Thoughts?

I want Frost to decide which way he is going to go with this offense and actually follow through with an identity. Tired of the talking about running it, but not actually sticking to it. Tired of running 3 or 4 different backs out there with somehow so many different styles of RB from Yant to Belt. Frost actually seems to prefer the pass, but doesn't fully commit to that. Has had big fairly athletic WRs and TEs, but doesn't come close to utilizing them to their capabilities. The offensive line doesn't do either well, maybe leaning one direction would help them develop better.

Before he decides on an OC, OL coach, etc, he should figure out exactly what type of offense he wants to use. Does he want to Lean Run or Lean Pass? Figure it out and let's go.

Thoughts?
I figure the offensive coordinator we hire will tell us what kind of office he wants to run.

Mike Leach in Lubbock and Mississippi says hello
He does? That’s nice…

“He has a 16-47 (25%) record against ranked teams”
https://247sports.com/college/missi...tball-coach-Mike-Leach-141998458/#141998458_1

and that is from the cozy comforts of the south and the pacific coast. Leach would no doubt improve our record to the point we were Purdue/Indiana of the west.

admittedly I should have included the south rather than just coast but you will not consistently win passing at that kind of clip in the middle of America

Last edited:
Except for Purdue, the teams we always or usually lose to in the Big 10 West all lean run. Maybe there is something to that.

He does? That’s nice…

https://247sports.com/college/missi...tball-coach-Mike-Leach-141998458/#141998458_1

and that is from the cozy comforts of the south and the pacific coast. Leach would no doubt improve our record to the point we were Purdue/Indiana of the west.

admittedly I should have included the south rather than just coast but you will not consistently win passing at that kind of clip in the middle of America

Definitely, warm weather climates are where you tend to see the most effective passing games. An exception being Ohio State -- but they have elite, NFL athletes.

Balance is key, but a reliable ground game is a must have. The first thing Defensive Coordinators say when asked about strategy is that they need to stop the run first.

I’d prefer to see our Huskers balanced and adaptable, but to lean run. Captain obvious here: we HAVE to improve our run game.

We’ve shown that we can gain all sorts of yards between the twenty yard lines. Having a reliable/productive running game would’ve likely helped our ability to score more TDs in the red zone.

Need to have a reliable run game based on true runners, with a QB that is an accurate passer. The teams that are beating us have both.

SIAP, but run the ball, stop the run, win the game.

Even truer in the B1G than other places

He does? That’s nice…

The gulf has a coast too :thumbsup:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back