• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

LB Eric Field N

I saw a ton of 5A high school football in OK this year & Ardmore didn’t have much of a team, or anyone who stood out to me….But, The game I saw he might not have played... I do know there is a bunch of talent in the 2nd largest division in OK. My son plays on probably the 2nd best team in 5A; Bishop McGuinnes. And I know Carl Albert, Coweta & McAlister all have loads of D1 talent, not as much as the Unions, Jenks, Owasso & Bixby, but darn close. Ardmore recently has had several OU & OSU scholly players, so I’d guess this guy can play.

I saw a ton of 5A high school football in OK this year & Ardmore didn’t have much of a team, or anyone who stood out to me….But, The game I saw he might not have played... I do know there is a bunch of talent in the 2nd largest division in OK. My son plays on probably the 2nd best team in 5A; Bishop McGuinnes. And I know Carl Albert, Coweta & McAlister all have loads of D1 talent, not as much as the Unions, Jenks, Owasso & Bixby, but darn close. Ardmore recently has had several OU & OSU scholly players, so I’d guess this guy can play.
We ran against this kid in track in 2021 and 2022 (Ardmore beat my team in 2021 for the state title and this past year we edged them by 2 points for the title). Kid is a burner, he ran on their 4X100 and 4X200 relay teams. From all accounts a really good kid. Love the emphasis on speed. Ardmore usually has some good athletes.

Cool that your son plays for Bishop McGuinness. I coach at Piedmont.

We ran against this kid in track in 2021 and 2022 (Ardmore beat my team in 2021 for the state title and this past year we edged them by 2 points for the title). Kid is a burner, he ran on their 4X100 and 4X200 relay teams. From all accounts a really good kid. Love the emphasis on speed. Ardmore usually has some good athletes.

Cool that your son plays for Bishop McGuinness. I coach at Piedmont.

My brother was at Midwest City ( as we're my two older sisters) all three quite a bit older than me

Bombers great football school

We ran against this kid in track in 2021 and 2022 (Ardmore beat my team in 2021 for the state title and this past year we edged them by 2 points for the title). Kid is a burner, he ran on their 4X100 and 4X200 relay teams. From all accounts a really good kid. Love the emphasis on speed. Ardmore usually has some good athletes. Cool that your son plays for Bishop McGuinness. I coach at Piedmont.
Then you know more about the talent in 5A sports in OK than I do. I agree Ardmore typically has several good athletes & I forgot about their track team. Maybe I haven’t been paying attention, but I also can’t remember Ardmore being a 3 win team other than this year. I will say this: IMO Coweta had the best 5A team this season & BMG was lucky to beat them in the playoffs & even luckier to play it’s best game of the season in the playoffs on Coweta’s home field. Carl Albert was not the juggernaut they’ve been lately & we’re equally as lucky they didn’t have to face BMG in the championship game. There is a bunch of talent in this division.

Last edited:

Then you know more about the talent in 5A sports in OK than I do. I agree Ardmore typically has several good athletes & I forgot about their track team. Maybe I haven’t been paying attention, but I also can’t remember Ardmore being a 3 win team other than this year. I will say this: IMO Coweta had the best 5A team this season & BMG was lucky to beat them in the playoffs & even luckier to play it’s best game of the season in the playoffs on Coweta’s home field. Carl Albert was not the juggernaut they’ve been lately & we’re equally as lucky they didn’t have to face BMG in the championship game. There is a bunch of talent in this division.
Yeah some really good talent. I went to to watch when Carl Albert came to play our football team. They had some dudes but not as good as the past.

My ex-wife was from Ardmore, but I wouldn't hold that against this guy. He explodes to the ball and when he hits, they stay hit!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back