• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

LB Cody Simon, Commits To Ohio State

Assuming that Simon and Reed are not N, who is left at LB that we have a decent change of getting?

How many LBs do you think the staff is looking to take for 2020?
We've gotta get at least 2 at ILB and at least 2 at OLB.

OLB you lose Alex Davis and Tyrin Ferguson from a group that has struggled, you gotta get a beast in this class that can hopefully help. OLB Gunnerson needs to come our way after losing Quandarius Robinson to Alabama. Kaden Johnson is the other OLB to keep an eye on, as he's from the twin cities and we are still in good shape there for the Rivals250 kid.

ILB is tricky. We lose Jackson Bratton to Alabama, it happens. And we have all referenced Cody Simon as that's our top target now, but he's an east coast kid who is down to us and Ohio State, Penn State. We win that one, that's a heck of a pull, I don't think we can do it. Malik Reed we were feeling good about, but all of a sudden things are trending towards Wisconsin for the Arizona native. That would be a big blow. We shouldn't lose out to Wisconsin for a kid like that. Cullen Coleman is another guy we are in on at ILB, but his recruitment is weird to me. Alabama, Ohio State offers. Multiple visits to Northwestern. Somethings up there.

Long story short, we take 2 guys at each spot and hunker down to get a big time get at each one for a possible third. I think we end up with 5 LBs this class. Mo Barry, Alex Davis, and Tyrin Ferguson graduate. Breon Dixon, Guy Thomas, and Quayshon Alexander all took off from OLB. Pernell Jefferson probably gone soon. They need at least 3 OLBs in my opinion this class.

Assuming that Simon and Reed are not N, who is left at LB that we have a decent change of getting?

How many LBs do you think the staff is looking to take for 2020?

I agree completely with ***. They need 4-5 linebackers in this class. I'm really impressed, as a whole, with the guys they are after and are getting mutual interest from. Cody Simon, Blaise Gunnerson, Jackson Bratton, Choe Bryant-Strother, Kaden Johnson, Malik Reed, Tyler Berrong, Devyn Curtis, Derrick Lewis, Caleb McCullough and Mister Williams. That's an impressive group with more guys certainly ri come. Knowing this staff, I'm sure there are a handful of guys they're recruiting that the general public doesn't even know about.

Of that group I listed, IMPO Cody Simon is the best OLB, with Blaise Gunnerson and Kaden Johnson the next two. My favorite ILB that they've been after is Choe Bryant-Strother, with Devyn Curtis and Malik Reed the next two. They missed out on Reed and are longshots to get Simon. Gonna be interesting. If they miss on Gunnerson, that's gonna hurt.

I agree completely with ***. They need 4-5 linebackers in this class. I'm really impressed, as a whole, with the guys they are after and are getting mutual interest from. Cody Simon, Blaise Gunnerson, Jackson Bratton, Choe Bryant-Strother, Kaden Johnson, Malik Reed, Tyler Berrong, Devyn Curtis, Derrick Lewis, Caleb McCullough and Mister Williams. That's an impressive group with more guys certainly ri come. Knowing this staff, I'm sure there are a handful of guys they're recruiting that the general public doesn't even know about.

Of that group I listed, IMPO Cody Simon is the best OLB, with Blaise Gunnerson and Kaden Johnson the next two. My favorite ILB that they've been after is Choe Bryant-Strother, with Devyn Curtis and Malik Reed the next two. They missed out on Reed and are longshots to get Simon. Gonna be interesting. If they miss on Gunnerson, that's gonna hurt.

To the bold I say

That sucks, landing him over OSU you would have been a major win. Maybe if we get the right outcome in Sept. we can sway him? These are the battles we have to win in the future for sure.

That sucks, landing him over OSU you would have been a major win. Maybe if we get the right outcome in Sept. we can sway him? These are the battles we have to win in the future for sure.
Sorry but if he doesn't like us enough now he won't like us later. If he commits elsewhere but wants to jump ship later because we're now winning then forget him. It's about relationships, not how shiny the next new car is.

Simon is from New Jersey, and it's asking a heck of a lot of a kid who is choosing between Nebraska and Ohio State to pick Nebraska when we're roughly 2x as far away, and have had roughly 1/3 the wins over the past couple years. He would have had to have been blown away by the coaching staff to have chosen us, now. Beat Ohio State in September and win the West, and it's an easier pull next year for the next man up.

Simon is from New Jersey, and it's asking a heck of a lot of a kid who is choosing between Nebraska and Ohio State to pick Nebraska when we're roughly 2x as far away, and have had roughly 1/3 the wins over the past couple years. He would have had to have been blown away by the coaching staff to have chosen us, now. Beat Ohio State in September and win the West, and it's an easier pull next year for the next man up.
Amen brother!!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back