• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

LB Cody Simon, Commits To Ohio State

Time to find two Randy Gregory type OLB's
(Non pot smoking preferably). I know we're trying to get 5-6 ILB-OLB. I figure a walk-in will emerge in the ILB area sometime, but we gotta find some studs outside. It's seemingly difficult for us to land them which is hard to believe that considering the chance of Early playing time.

What's our deal with Linebackers ?
We can seem to recruit every other position but Linebacker.
Some Voodoo Doc put a Linebacker curse on us.

They are needs, for sure, but I'm not terribly alarmed. Last year with Henrich, Hannah and Nelson seemed like pretty solid class. Granted 2 were in State, but this staff was stilll pretty new and we're crunched for time. With 8-10 position groups to recruit, and only 6 commits so far, simple math would say we can't have each position addressed yet. Ruud will get it done.

Not worried about ILB, top 5 class in the country there for 2019. But OLB is looking curious to me. I was encouraged when we reeled in Tannor and had Jean-Baptiste as a silent commit in 2018. But 2019 was a bunch of swing and misses and 2020 isn’t starting any better.

Not worried about ILB, top 5 class in the country there for 2019. But OLB is looking curious to me. I was encouraged when we reeled in Tannor and had Jean-Baptiste as a silent commit in 2018. But 2019 was a bunch of swing and misses and 2020 isn’t starting any better.

Joey Johnson move to the outside?

That's what I thought, but saw him listed as OLB on the roster.
For some reason he's been listed there since last year even though he has practiced at ILB.

McCormack, Snodgrass, and Reimer are all guys i'd keep an eye on for OLB tho I think the plan was to start all of them off at ILB. Depends how their body grows I suppose.

I intentionally planted the seed for an immediate Linebacker commit soon. If I say no rain for months then it rains the next day. Rarely fails. My concern is that by exposing this 'cause and effect' then it will fizzle out.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back