• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Latest update on 2021 season

I know it is all about money, but I would love to leave this stupid conference. It thinks so highly of itself while being the laughing stock of the country.

On a positive, at least we get to play. Husker baseball is my favorite sport.
Also right up there with me and football as far as favorite. Was fortunate enough last year to get out to San Diego for the Tony Gwynn classic. They played tough but against good competition with Arizona and San Diego St on their home field. The game against San Diego Friday was a different story, had two opponents that night with San Diego and umpiring....so frustrating. Do not understand why there cannot be a non conference with some of the nearby schools, even schools like Kansas and K State.

Don't expect a B1G tourney in 2021.
That flat out sucks. It s one of the highlights of my year.

I live in MN and love it when it is in Omaha or here. When here, I can usually sit front row behind home plate in the comfy chairs. When in Omaha there is a nice crowd and good weather normally.

It is official, the BIG sucks.

On a different note, I still have my VBall final 4 tickets and it is sounding like I have a chance of using them. How the BIG and NCAA can be so different is amazing and speaks to the incompetence of the BIG.

The Big Ten has always been a poor baseball conference. Apparently the league officials want to make certain it remains that way.

I don't get how they can make basketball and volleyball work but are struggling with baseball. They must not give a crap. Baseball is the most socially distanced of all team sports.

Last edited:

Glad football & basketball players had the first rule. :Rolf:

Sunlight also helps to disinfect particles, though the key factor in reducing virus transmission outside is the dispersion of viral particles by the wind, according to Brewer.

Both Brewer and Farley advise those venturing outdoors to maintain at least six feet in physical distancing.
https://www.foxnews.com/health/can-i-get-coronavirus-outside-wind-dispersal-safety

We know that a) sunlight reduces spread and b) wind disperses it.

Both those occur at baseball games outside.

Moreover, the primary way the virus can be spread, would be by contact with the baseball. By its nature, a baseball is going to travel between 60 mph and 120 mph during a college baseball game, qualifying as pretty stiff breeze, relative to the ball, right?

See no reason why baseball needs any restrictions.

Glad football & basketball players had the first rule. :Rolf:

For being so smart, the Big 10 presidents are showing the world how incredibly ignorant they are. Did they look into the MLB season last year? Was there a serious spread of Covid among the players from playing baseball (in the MLB)? They should use their own 'ivory tower' metrics that are used in labs and apply to real life. But no, just ignore real life situations and metrics, and be content with their own outdated bias. They pretend to be 'protecting' our student athletes, while ignoring their student athletes needs. But what do I know? I don't have a Ph. D. so I know nothing.

Softball got their schedule today, so maybe baseball will get their ruinous conference only schedule today as well.

CWS says there will be no cash exchanged at stadium...all credit cards due to Covid. Same for the swim trials per OWH.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back