• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Latest bowl projections......

Alabama ....... plenty of time to move CFP final four.
  • Bama -- SEC CCG win against UGA (only 1 loss)
  • UGA -- SEC CCG loss against Bama (only 1 loss)
  • Cincy -- No P5 but beat Notre Dame. (zero loss)
  • ??? -- Good chance Ohio State

I'd love to see our game against Iowa be for as many marbles as possible.

Iowa to keep their CFP hopes alive.

Nebraska to become bowl eligible for the first time in five years.

That would be huge drama -- and an outstanding draw nationally.
Iowa has kept us from making a bowl for the past few years. That drama has worked in their favor. And they did make the CFP previously with this same scenario. They came to Lincoln undefeated. Then they got throttled by MSU I think?

Last edited:
Iowa has kept us from making a bowl for the past few years. That drama has worked in their favor. And they did make the CFP previously with this same scenario. They came to Lincoln undefeated. Then they got throttled by MSU I think?

Iowa was #3 and undefeated when we played them in 2015. They beat Nebraska then lost to Michigan State by 3 in the Big Ten title game. So Michigan State went to the CFP.

In that scenario it really wouldn’t be crap. Two undefeated power five teams and two one loss teams from the SEC that sat atop the polls. In that scenario, Cincinnati doesn’t deserve to go. They are not better than Bama or Georgia. Iowa and Oklahoma would get in by going undefeated. Cincinnati probably could beat either of them.

If it's about who is "better", then Iowa and OU shouldn't go either because they can't beat Bama or UGA. And Cincy absolutely could beat Iowa and OU. But it's not about who is better, it's about who is more deserving. And if they go undefeated, with a road win at ND, they deserve to go.

If it's about who is "better", then Iowa and OU shouldn't go either because they can't beat Bama or UGA. And Cincy absolutely could beat Iowa and OU. But it's not about who is better, it's about who is more deserving. And if they go undefeated, with a road win at ND, they deserve to go.
After Bama and Georgia, right now anyway, it’s a crapshoot of 6-8 teams you could pick.

Yes. I won’t argue with you on that. At least as of now. I think they’ll lose somewhere, ending any talk about them.

Yeah, that I agree with. Unlike the P5 teams, they have to be perfect all year, which is unfair but that's the way the system is set up. The thing that sets them apart from the past G5 contenders is they're not gimmicky. They just play great defense and run the ball well. I was surprised at how much they dominated ND for most of that game.

Let's remember that the playoff poll hasn't come out yet and it might look a tad different than the current rankings. I suspect Cincy might come in at #5 or #6 in the first playoff poll, all things staying the same until that time.

My Brother in Law's greatest fear right now is that Iowa goes into the Nebraska game undefeated and gets knocked out by the Huskers.

My Brother in Law's greatest fear right now is that Iowa goes into the Nebraska game undefeated and gets knocked out by the Huskers.
I am not sure why he would fear that at this point in the season. Lots of football to be played. And Iowa still would have the Big 10 championship to play as well, win or lose in Lincoln.

Remember when Dana Altman went for I believe one year to Arky his wife could never get into doing the hog SOOEY call then he went on to bigger and better things at Oregon and is doing very well as a head coachFear the hogs

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back