• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Latest bowl projections......

This is more than likely true. Its crap about though.
It’s looking like it could play out that way. So, both Alabama and Georgia are in at 12-1. Fair? Then, you have Oklahoma, and, the BIG champ. Possibly 13-0 Iowa, or 12-1 OSU/PSU/Michigan. They need some help, still.

Last edited:

I don’t wanna burst anyone’s bubble but we definitely do not want to play Arkansas the hogs would likely slaughter us instead of us slaughtering them and I can’t tolerate being at a ball game and hear the sooey Hog call— Growing up on A farm in Nebraska I really liked all the animals including the hogs but I don’t want to hear that hog call in any stadium in which I attend the game

Please, not while I'm drinking my koolaid.

It’s looking like it could play out that way. So, both Alabama and Georgia are in at 12-1. Fair? Then, you have Oklahoma, and, the BIG champ. Possibly 13-0 Iowa, or 12-1 OSU/PSU/Michigan. They need some help, still.

Cincy deserves to go if they are undefeated, but you're right, they aren't getting in over a 1 loss Bama or UGA. At some point, the CFP should just be honest and say there's actually nothing a G5 team can do to get into the playoff.

Cincy deserves to go if they are undefeated, but you're right, they aren't getting in over a 1 loss Bama or UGA. At some point, the CFP should just be honest and say there's actually nothing a G5 team can do to get into the playoff.
There is, but it has to be the perfect setup. Like, they need Alabama to lose again. They need OU to lose. They need Michigan to lose, they need OSU to lose, they need PSU to lose again, possibly even Oregon to lose again. If that happens and they run the table, they will be in. OU won’t get in over them with one loss I don’t think. Too many close games for them. They could legitimately have 4 losses right now.

I don’t wanna burst anyone’s bubble but we definitely do not want to play Arkansas the hogs would likely slaughter us instead of us slaughtering them and I can’t tolerate being at a ball game and hear the sooey Hog call— Growing up on A farm in Nebraska I really liked all the animals including the hogs but I don’t want to hear that hog call in any stadium in which I attend the game

Why are you so sure they would slaughter us?

They’ve really only played two teams with a pulse on defense and they scored a total of ten points in those games.

I think we’d give Arkansas all they want and then some.

I’m not so sure. I think undefeated Cincinnati gets in if they go undefeated and the other choices all have 1 loss. Cincinnati is already at number 3 in the polls and doubtful they will drop there if they keep winning. Iowa would have a loss moving Cincinnati to number 2. To have a loss Georgia would have to move down allowing Alabama to either move to number 2 or leap fro Cincinnati. In either case I don’t see the committee leaving number 2 or 1 Cincinnati out. I think they survive the playoff bid if undefeated and no more than 2 other undefeated teams.

I’m not so sure. I think undefeated Cincinnati gets in if they go undefeated and the other choices all have 1 loss. Cincinnati is already at number 3 in the polls and doubtful they will drop there if they keep winning. Iowa would have a loss moving Cincinnati to number 2. To have a loss Georgia would have to move down allowing Alabama to either move to number 2 or leap fro Cincinnati. In either case I don’t see the committee leaving number 2 or 1 Cincinnati out. I think they survive the playoff bid if undefeated and no more than 2 other undefeated teams.
Ask TCU about that.

If OU and a Big 10 team are undefeated, and UGA's only loss is to a one loss Bama in the SEC championship, I guarantee Cincy is left out. I think it's crap, but there's no way they'd leave out UGA and Bama with one loss. And I doubt they choose Cincy over an undefeated P5 team.

There is, but it has to be the perfect setup. Like, they need Alabama to lose again. They need OU to lose. They need Michigan to lose, they need OSU to lose, they need PSU to lose again, possibly even Oregon to lose again. If that happens and they run the table, they will be in. OU won’t get in over them with one loss I don’t think. Too many close games for them. They could legitimately have 4 losses right now.

And this post is exactly why a G5 team won't ever get in. Even one that does everything they were told they needed to do. Schedule road games at P5 schools? Check. Get a big win over a top 10 P5 school on the road? Check. Dominate every week and don't have a let down? So far, check.
And it won't matter more than likely.

And this post is exactly why a G5 team won't ever get in. Even one that does everything they were told they needed to do. Schedule road games at P5 schools? Check. Get a big win over a top 10 P5 school on the road? Check. Dominate every week and don't have a let down? So far, check.
And it won't matter more than likely.
Maybe, but if it happens, this will be the year. I still think Cincy will slip up somewhere. Mostly, aside from a season here or there, it works itself out by years end.

If OU and a Big 10 team are undefeated, and UGA's only loss is to a one loss Bama in the SEC championship, I guarantee Cincy is left out. I think it's crap, but there's no way they'd leave out UGA and Bama with one loss. And I doubt they choose Cincy over an undefeated P5 team.
In that scenario it really wouldn’t be crap. Two undefeated power five teams and two one loss teams from the SEC that sat atop the polls. In that scenario, Cincinnati doesn’t deserve to go. They are not better than Bama or Georgia. Iowa and Oklahoma would get in by going undefeated. Cincinnati probably could beat either of them.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back