• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Latest 2016 WBB Recruit. Grace Mitchell, Derby HS, Kansas

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Grace Mitchell commits to Nebraska Sept 17, 2015, becoming the 4th commitment in the 2016 class.

Grace is a 6' 2" wing who played for Derby High School in Derby, Kansas last season and by all accounts will play for Wellington (located just south of Wichita) her senior season. Averaging 17.6 points and 6.3 rebounds per game her junior season, she picked the Huskers from 12 other Division 1 offers. She becomes the 4th commit in the 2016 class.

CPIuxNtU8AApgxp.jpg

The Nebraska women's basketball team received its fourth commit of the 2016 class Thursday when Wellington (Kansas) guard Grace Mitchell announced on Twitter she was picking the Huskers. A 6-foot-2 small forward, Mitchell has 25-foot shooting range and started getting significant attention from colleges after a big summer on the AAU circuit. Prior to this summer, Mitchell had no collegiate offers.

"I was pretty dead set on playing college basketball," said Mitchell, who didn't start playing basketball competitively until middle school. Mitchell shoots 2-3 hours per day now to work on her skills.

Nebraska offered in August, Mitchell made her visit for the South Alabama football game, and she committed this week. She joins Kathleen Doyle, MiCole Cayton and Nicea Eilily as commits for the 2016 class. :clap:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/...cle_7c210b9a-5d8c-11e5-8630-d7331513ef42.html

Last edited:
#15 (Green Uniform)

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-school...?videoid=09e437b3-d651-4c77-bdfe-eeae4f298bf9

Senior forward Grace Mitchell, who transferred from Derby to Wellington this year, made a non-binding commitment to play basketball at Nebraska on Thursday.

Mitchell, who averaged 18 points and 6.3 rebounds as a junior at Derby, visited Nebraska and was enamored with the fan support of a variety of sports, including soccer, volleyball and football.

"It shows the support that Nebraska has. The fans are crazy," said Mitchell, who grew up in Wellington and moved back to live with her dad. "The coaches and the players are great and fun to be around. It just felt right."

Mitchell also took official visits to Tulsa and Texas-Arlington. She said Nebraska wants her to play the three because at 6-foot-2 she creates mismatches on the perimeter and inside.

http://www.varsitykansas.com/2015/09/17/78152/basketball-wellingtons-mitchell.html

(I believe her grandfather was Jack Mitchell, KU's Head Football Coach 1958-1966.)

I don't believe anyone has posted this yet! :Biggrin:

"Wellington's Grace Mitchell thrives at new School"

Every day after practice, Wellington senior Grace Mitchell shoots 100 three-pointers, shooting 20 at five spots on the perimeter.

Her goal is to make 84. If she hits 90 or more, it’s a great day. Anything less than 80 is disappointing.

“Either myself or my assistant will rebound for her, and she’s never been below 80 with me,” Wellington coach Eric Adams said. “One night she knocked down 94 out of 100.

“You do not want to play her in H-O-R-S-E.”

Mitchell, who was nominated to the McDonald’s All-American game, has signed with Nebraska. At 6-foot-2, she creates mismatches on the perimeter with smaller guards or slower post players.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back