• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Last weekend

KingTM

All Big 10
5 Year Member
Man, what a weekend. Ms. King and her little sister went on one of their annual "sister trips" to Cedar Point last weekend so I, and the pups had the house to ourselves. I hadn't done any BBQ in a while so that's what we did. I went to my local butcher and got a deal on some baby backs. Went back to the house and dug out the last jar of Jerk marinade that I brought back from Jamaica, pasted the ribs up nicely and put them in the refrigerator overnight. Since it was just me, I used my Weber kettle, dual zone method (works like a champ) and left them on their with some peach wood, for about 4 hours. I wish I could put into words just how good those ribs were. Just...damn. I took some pics but they look like crap so I don't know if I'll link them up. Jerk doesn't do well on the smoker as it turns black but, they definitely were not burnt.

For sides, I made probably the best batch of potato salad that I've ever made (I'm on a run as of late, with my cooking) and some smoked jalapeno cornbread. One of my BIL's stopped by and helped me destroy one rack of ribs Saturday night so I had to make some more yesterday for when Mama came home.

Basically, I made and ate delicious smoked meat all weekend. I got some shooting in there as well as some yard work but that was all secondary to the pig on the smoker.

Sounds like a great time, man. I'm jealous. I have minimal culinary skills.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back