• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

last time we had 1 or fewer penalties?

I remember a game against Colorado back when McCartney was coach, Nebraska had 0 penalties.
Bill had a shocked/disgusted look on his face when he was told that after the game, almost as if he wanted to blame the loss on the refs.

edit: it was 1995

Last edited:

Doesn't we only have one this past weekend? Or is the question the last time we had one or zero before NIU?

Last time Nebraska wasn't penalized was vs. Maine in 2005. I don't know if there have been any one-penalty games since then, until last week.

I remember a game against Colorado back when McCartney was coach, Nebraska had 0 penalties.
Bill had a shocked/disgusted look on his face when he was told that after the game, almost as if he wanted to blame the loss on the refs.

edit: it was 1995
I remember that game. We took them apart!

And CU was ranked #7 at the time, too. One of the things that impresses me is the Blackshirt tackling back then. Often times, the first defender would simply wrap up the ball carrier which bought enough time for 3 more Blackshirts to come knock their block off. In today's game, you see a lot of guys trying the Superman tackle - and often missing the ball carrier entirely. Really impressed with both the discipline of the primary tackler and the overall athleticism of the other 10 defenders to quickly close on the ball carrier's position. Just about every tackle was by committee.

--edit-- They also had Rae Carruth on the roster at the time. Perfect example of everything wrong with Buff football.

Last edited:
thanks everyone. makes me wonder about the lowest penalty yardage where we actually loose the game?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back