• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Las Vegas Bowl is the 10th bowl game to be cancelled

SWVAHusker

Starter
20 Year Member
The Las Vegas Bowl just announced they're cancelling this year's game. I hadn't seen this info before, but the Bahamas, Celebration, Fenway, Hawaii, Holiday, Motor City, Pinstripe, Redbox and Sun Bowls were cancelled earlier this season.

According to ESPN, the Las Vegas Bowl wasn't supposed to feature a Big Ten team this year. But the conference has lost the Pinstripe and Redbox Bowls.

Last edited:

Honestly, with the season extending into December that would mess up the bowl games on a normal year. I think I was in Las Vegas one year when that bowl was being played and it was like the second weekend in December.
I think we won’t see many bowls this year.

dHOsoT2.png

If B1G team made CFP final four, most likely OSU, then added Rose or Sugar bowl (semifinal)

There won’t be many bowls. The NCAA should let all teams have up to 15 winter practices this year given all the lost time and lost bowl games due to COVID. Let the kids work toward next season.
or better yet just expand spring of next year and maybe include a scrimmage against a team in your area for example a controlled Scrimmage vs K-State or KU QB's could wear green jerseys

Last edited:
The tie-ins may not mean so much this year. I hope not. I just hope there are enuf bowls left for us to go to one. Its all about getting another few practices and another game in.

There will be teams that are elig for a bowl, that just pass on it for this year, due to the covid climate. If so, great, let em, we need the practices, and we need em now. Sadly we see how missing 4 bowls in 5 years has a cumulatively bad effect on a program. I just wanna get to any bowl, against most any similiar opponent, and get to work.

or better yet just expand spring of next year and maybe include a scrimmage against a team in your area for example a controlled Scrimmage vs K-State or KU QB's could wear green jerseys
I’ve always liked the idea of a competitive spring scrimmage like that. I just doubt it will happen. But I like where your head’s at.

As they waived the minimum win requirements, we'll sponsor the Corn bowl in Memorial stadium. I think Johnrr6 suggested the Covid bowl for charity. That works too. One year only. DONU vs. Whoever wants to play us on our home field. Fill Memorial stadium up to whatever the state allowed capacity is. Some might complain about it being a home game, but how many home games did we end up playing in the Orange bowl against Miami.

I'd be surprised if that many bowls actually happen. The positive is that NU wants to play and their AD supports that!
All of us on the board know that NU and AD wants to play,but we also know that the brass of the big ten couldn't care less about how we feel.Jmo.Keep the faith. GBR.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back