• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lars Anderson / Always pretty spot on with his takes and info.....

48, no symptoms. Tested July 7th, notified August 2nd was positive after initially told July 28 negative. Wife had it. She is 50. Fever, highest 102, body aches, fatigue, congestion, sore throat and feeling no energy. Palm Beach county, Broward and Dade counties account for most in Florida. Been wearing a mask and haven’t been out a lot.
Your wife, hospital stay ? Antibodies ? Or aquarium cleaner ;)
No hospital stay, she is a stay at home mom and only went out to get groceries and other errands.

That's pretty scary -- especially for your wife. Even more concerning is the amount of time it took to get back the results. No wonder Covid-19 has been such an issue (especially in Florida). People are going to have non-severe symptoms or asymptomatic, and go about their lives, potentially spreading the virus until the test results arrive. I hope Florida has improved on the results turnaround time.

I also hope that your wife has no long-term damage to any of her organs. That's become an increasing discovery -- that's it's much more than just a respiratory disease -- and it can attack and leave long lasting damage throughout many different parts of the body. Best to you and your wife.

It looks like she is doing well so far. It took her awhile to get her energy back. Thanks for the concern. I definitely have a different perspective on it. I am glad that I wore a mask every time I went out and still do. With the almost month wait for the results, I could have exposed a lot of people. Explains why we are the way we are in Florida right now.

I’ve been tested twice. Took about two days to get results on first one (negative) second one I took Friday (got to the lab same day). Look forward to results probably Tuesday. No symptoms at all.

I’m tired of the constant changes.Say you are playing the season,or cancel it.Jmo.Keep the faith.GBR.
Husker football survived during 1918 panic and yet today, C-19 threatens cancel football.

Swallowed excuse .......... hook, line, and sinker. Like MAC.

Fact:
  • Spanish flu: 50 million deaths, third of the world's population cases.
  • COVID: 730,000 worldwide deaths. 19,922,000 total cases divided by 7,800,000,000 world's population equals 0.0025
Thanks media circuses and fake twitter news.

Last edited:

I’ve been tested twice. Took about two days to get results on first one (negative) second one I took Friday (got to the lab same day). Look forward to results probably Tuesday. No symptoms at all.
What made you take the test? I mean, no symptoms - did someone you had recent contact contract it?

It looks like she is doing well so far. It took her awhile to get her energy back. Thanks for the concern. I definitely have a different perspective on it. I am glad that I wore a mask every time I went out and still do. With the almost month wait for the results, I could have exposed a lot of people. Explains why we are the way we are in Florida right now.

Yeah, exactly. I've never heard of such a prolonged period between testing and results -- but I do think that's been an issue to some degree in many states. A quick turnaround can only help with reducing unnecessary spread.

I pretty much live with a mask on when I'm outside my apartment. In fact, I've gotten so used to it now, I've inadvertently become one of those with a mask on in my car -- realizing minutes later how silly I look.

Last edited:
Husker football survived during 1918 panic and yet today, C-19 threatens cancel football.

Fact:
  • COVID: 730,000 worldwide deaths. 19,922,000 total cases divided by 7,800,000,000 world's population equals 0.0025

One thing to keep in mind is that the stats for the 1918 pandemic are final numbers, this pandemic is still raging and numbers are growing, it will be interesting to see what the stats are when it ends. That is when we can really say whether or not it has been blown out of proportion. Until then it's just personal opinion.

As for my personal experience, I have not tested positive but.... a college teammate passed away from it at 59 (a fleet footed receiver who lived in Texas and was still involved with coaching track and field, not an overweight old broken down lineman), a customer's husband died from it here in Ann Arbor (in his 70's), they both had it and she recovered, and an employee of mine's good friend died from it here in Michigan (in his 70's as well). And just today, word from the head coach at the high school where I coach specials is that his wife tested positive, is showing symptoms and he is quarantined for another 10 days and oh yeah, practice starts tomorrow. He is in his mid 40's.

I get it that where you live often dictates how you feel about this so I am not casting any judgement, but where I live this stuff is real and it is dangerous. IMO there is no football this year.

One thing to keep in mind is that the stats for the 1918 pandemic are final numbers, this pandemic is still raging and numbers are growing, it will be interesting to see what the stats are when it ends. That is when we can really say whether or not it has been blown out of proportion. Until then it's just personal opinion.

As for my personal experience, I have not tested positive but.... a college teammate passed away from it at 59 (a fleet footed receiver who lived in Texas and was still involved with coaching track and field, not an overweight old broken down lineman), a customer's husband died from it here in Ann Arbor (in his 70's), they both had it and she recovered, and an employee of mine's good friend died from it here in Michigan (in his 70's as well). And just today, word from the head coach at the high school where I coach specials is that his wife tested positive, is showing symptoms and he is quarantined for another 10 days and oh yeah, practice starts tomorrow. He is in his mid 40's.

I get it that where you live often dictates how you feel about this so I am not casting any judgement, but where I live this stuff is real and it is dangerous. IMO there is no football this year.
My daughter's former landlord died in Grace nursing home (in Norman). He was about 70. Official death certificate, COVID virus ........ surprisingly no mention other health problems. Well 12 months ago, he suffered a severe emphysema. 24/7 portable oxygen tank (lifetime heavy smoker). I bet he died the same date with or without C-19 virus.

Fact:
If they tried treating covid with the technology available in 1919 the amount of deaths would be a lot higher than they are.... It's not an apples to apples comparison.

Last edited:
If they tried treating covid with the technology available in 1919 the amount of deaths would be a lot higher than they are.... It's not an apples to apples comparison.
There are thousands of doctors who say that if we treated early with hydroxychloroquine cocktail, ivermectin, and/or budesonide, then this pandemic would be gone in weeks, if not days.

You've got maybe 100-150 members that are active enough on here that you might know if they did -- a good percentage living in rural areas. That's a pretty small sample.

FWIW, there's at least three cases at the apartment complex I live at in downtown Austin. I've been fine thus far, but I wash my hands ~15 times per day and wear a mask always. I have to do things like touch elevator buttons that get touched hundreds of times per day.
Washing your hands is obviously a good practice to prevent disease transmission in general, but surface transmission of coronavirus is pretty much non-existent. Don't fret too much about the elevator buttons. :thumbsup:

My daughter's former landlord died in Grace nursing home (in Norman). He was about 70. Official death certificate, COVID virus ........ surprisingly no mention other health problems. Well 12 months ago, he suffered a severe emphysema. 24/7 portable oxygen tank (lifetime heavy smoker). I bet he died the same date with or without C-19 virus.

That's a bummer, at 58 years old I can tell you that 70 is not that far away for me, and I do not feel old at all! Perhaps he was going to die anyway that day as you said and they listed COVID as COD simply because he tested positive. In my personal examples the answer is they most certainly would not have died when they did without the virus.

I get it that you are a doubter. I respect that. I am a believer and am certainly not trying to argue, but neither of us will actually "know" what the deal is until it's over and run it's course. It may surprise you that even though I am a big believer in the dangerous impact this virus will have, I would relish it if in a few months you teed me up for a great big ol' "I told you so". Nothing would make me happier than to be wrong about this.

th.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back