• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Lane Kiffin to Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.

In regards to Kiffin, everything you have on there is true. This is not meant to be a jab at Bo at all, but Kiffin's coaching reminds me a bit of Bo. When he isn't a head coach and can just focus on one thing, he is very good (the jury is still out on Bo, he hasn't fallen on his face like Kiffin has in a couple places so please don't take it as that). Kiffin has usually been very, very honest with me in the few minutes I've ever had with him. He admittedly would run bubble screens, fades, etc. because it is an easy default to just get your best player the ball in space and hope he makes a play. While Barkley is right with him favoring Lee, the players also were amazed at just how much better Lee was as a freshmen compared to Woods as a freshmen. If he would have balanced it out they could have been a lot more deadly. But when he was focusing on other aspects along with the play calling, I think he was swimming a bit. "Unbelievable OC" may have been a bit strong as I would put that label on a guy like Malzahn who has gotten it done everywhere he has been, and Kiffin truly does need good players and athletes for his system to work.

Lane Kiffin as an OC took USC to the national title game in 05' and the next year lost up in Corvallis in 06' because Sarkisian was up all night with Erin Andrews (what 2 ex players blamed the loss on, I didn't call them out as I was drinking and loved the story). I think when he can solely concentrate on play calling and not the day to day activities, he will be very good. It will also help that 80 percent of the teams he'll play at Bama' he will be able to call an ISO and get 5 yards...

Good post you do a great job in laying out your opinions.

Also, the story about Sark and Erin Andrews is hilarious.

Ya, it was two defensive players blaming the loss on Sark, two very well known defensive players. But they gave up in the 30s for points so I'm unsure how the QB coach being up all night with her had anything to do with it...

EDIT: It was 2008 they were talking about and blamed them not being in the national championship and losing that game on Sarkisian, when he was the offensive coordinator. So basically my story has nothing to do with Kiffin. Sorry about that, still funny...

Last edited:
Ya, it was two defensive players blaming the loss on Sark, two very well known defensive players. But they gave up in the 30s for points so I'm unsure how the QB coach being up all night with her had anything to do with it...

EDIT: It was 2008 they were talking about and blamed them not being in the national championship and losing that game on Sarkisian, when he was the offensive coordinator. So basically my story has nothing to do with Kiffin. Sorry about that, still funny...

I know someone else that has a pretty funny Erin Andrews story...

WOW, that is going to infuriate all my USC friends. That '08 team had Pete Carroll's best defense. That team should've won the national championship. It really was just the Oregon State game where the team took a dump.

BPG, you can PM me your Erin Andrews story if you want. I feel bad for her. That whole peeping stalker thing was really messed up.

WOW, that is going to infuriate all my USC friends. That '08 team had Pete Carroll's best defense. That team should've won the national championship. It really was just the Oregon State game where the team took a dump.

That was 2 of your LBs from that team that were telling me that story FWIW...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back