• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lane Kiffin messes up again

huskrthill

Leading horses to water since 2009
10 Year Member
Posting this here for now since the season hasn't really started and the board is still relatively slow.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/...in-votes-usc-trojans-no-1-coaches-poll-saying
LOS ANGELES -- USC coach Lane Kiffin said Tuesday that he "would not vote USC No. 1" in the coaches' poll, but he actually did, USA Today revealed Thursday night.

Citing Kiffin's providing of "false or misleading information" to the public and a desire to "set the record straight to protect the poll's integrity," the newspaper released Kiffin's top-voted team in the USA Today Coaches' Poll.

When everybody has the same record, I can't go into a meeting with our players and have them say, 'You put that team and that team ahead of us.' That's why I did that."

The preseason poll was Kiffin's first-ever vote in the USA Today Coaches' Poll.

So is he going to always vote his team #1 every preseason so that his players don't say "you put that team and that team ahead of us?" His first ever vote in the poll should be his last.

Lane Kiffin = screw up. I use the terms interchangeably.

Lane Kiffin is the reason USC will not win a national championship this year...and a Pac12 title is just as unlikely.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back