• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lance Armstrong 30 for 30

I watched episode 1 and 2 back to back last night. I am something of a cycling fan. I used to watch the Tour and even other races all the time.

It didn't really paint Armstrong in a great light, nor did it paint him as someone super evil. It showed him as a highly competitive guy doing what he needed to do to win. Kinda like Jordan. He seems to be at a good place in his life mentally now, but he is not apologetic about things.

If you know anything about cycling than you should know that it is probably the most widely cheated sport there is. No one basically from the 70's through 2010 ever reached the top end of the sport without doing some sort of doping. The guys that are at the top end are naturally more gifted, but they are still doing it. They all did it

Armstrong's biggest problem was that he thought he was untouchable. He probably would have been just fine if he would have walked away from the sport after 7 Tour wins. The cycling governing bodies would have let it be. It was when he decided to make the comeback when it pissed them off.

He does go off at the end of the second episode a little bit about he and Jan Ulrich, and Marco Pantani and other being scape goats. Otherwise he was pretty level headed the whole show.

Anyone else watch this? Anyone else care?

I saw it. I care.

Did you see the 30 for 30 that focused on Greg LeMond? It's a good counter-point to this one.

I'd counter your notion a bit that "everyone doped." Seems like there was before EPO and after EPO.

Not that that's any sort of justification.

I saw it. I care.

Did you see the 30 for 30 that focused on Greg LeMond? It's a good counter-point to this one.

I'd counter your notion a bit that "everyone doped." Seems like there was before EPO and after EPO.

Not that that's any sort of justification.
They used other drugs then...and actual blood doping was also used ( infusions of red blood cells). LeMond was great...but for that hunting accident and team politics he could have won 2-3 more tours.

I am not sure you get to the level he was at (or Jordan was at) without having an super-sized ego.

But its a good thing he lived/lives in Texas because it probably was the only state big enough for his ego.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back