• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lady Huskers - Fun to Watch!!!! (not to mention Fun to Play for)

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Win or Lose (hopefully not yet
index.php
) The Lady Huskers Basketball Team is Fun To Watch!!! :Hair Fire:
(and I'm Sure it is a lot of Fun Playing for them! :nod:)

Slowly, almost without our realizing it, Coach Amy Williams and her group have built a formidable team, seemingly just under our noses.

How did we go From just a middling team a couple of years ago; To the team everyone is saying its such a Pleasure to Watch?

No doubt we are greatly enhanced by our top 20 or so class of incoming recruits, all of whom are immediately contributing. But I think a lot of it has to do with Amy Williams 'setting the stage' so to speak, building on her prior team(s) via recruiting, and timely Transfers. Where would we be today without, say, Ashley Scoggin, Bella Cravens or Jaz Shelley, not to mention Annika Stewart, Whitney Brown and Ruby Porter, as well as MI'Cole Cayton. Not to forget Nailah Dilland and redshirt Tatiana Popa both of whom I'm looking forward to seeing on the floor next season.

More than recruiting individual players, Coach Amy seems to be recruiting a 'Team!' All this bodes well for future recruiting; what recruit(s) Wouldn't want to play for such a 'Fun Team!' :Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheer2:

Last edited:

It really is an enjoyable team to watch play right now. It will be interesting to see if they can grow through a rough patch of losses or injuries. They played so hard to hang onto this victory. How will they handle having to come back after falling behind especially in a hostile envirenment? It appears that they may have a fighting instinct as does their coach. Breaking into the upper half of the conference would be a very positive step forward. With so much youth the future looks promising.

That was a physical game in person, I don't know how it looked on video, but Creighton decided to make the game a fist fight.
Great game to watch, but, near the end, they lost a lot of composure, fighting to keep Creighton from stealing this game. I am sure, Coach Williams will work on that, as it was a strange finish for this team to encounter.

Great game to watch, but, near the end, they lost a lot of composure, fighting to keep Creighton from stealing this game. I am sure, Coach Williams will work on that, as it was a strange finish for this team to encounter.

Coach Amy mentioned that in her post-game press conference (something to the effect that their end of game management was not what she wanted to be a (one example, inbounding; another I think it was Jaz took a shot too early in the shot clock resulting in Creighton getting another possession) and it was something they would be working on after reviewing game tape).

Some of the players mentioned (I think it was Issy) they knew Creighton would make a come-back (seems like they always do). Combine this with @bugeaters1 comment (I think he was at the game) that Creighton was making it into a fist-fight. (But this Is a tough team: Grit; No Quit, Lady Huskers!

I'm not sure that Creighton would have gotten away with it; But thank goodness for Sam's play and a couple of made FT's at the end to ice the game.

(At the 4 sec mark, Carly Bachelor (#22) & Lauren Jensen (#15) did everything but tackle Allison Weidner on her way to the basket.)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back