• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kurt Warner

I
False. AM came in with some mechanics issues that were cleared up, and Verduzco worked with him to build up some zing on the ball following shoulder surgery. Some of the main things that Verduzco stresses is the footwork of the position, especially throwing while moving, and he doesn't allow QBs to stand and throw the same pass repeatedly as he believes that it's necessary to throw to different spots accurately the first time without "dialing it in" via repeated throws. All of these things are relatively novel, but he absolutely is considered a guru on teaching QBs how to throw while moving. I've never seen better, and I know of nobody else who even focuses on it, let alone teaches it/drills it as much as he does.

The freshman Adrian Martinez was exactly what Coach Verduzco produces. It's the sophomore AM that was baffling ... until you take into account that he was playing with multiple injuries, at least one of which required surgery.

It's also not true that Coach V won't allow players to train with other QBs. Anyone remember that Adrian was at the Mannings' QB camp last summer? What Verduzco and Frost do NOT want is another voice in the QB's head. They won't allow a personal QB coach. Before I ever met Verduzco I had already come to the same conclusion as a head coach/OC/QBs coach, and I believed it so fervently that we have always had a team policy where only one coach is allowed to coach QB technique and read progressions. Sometimes that person was me, but I took a step back once when a better QB coach was available, even though I was still the HC/OC. This is becoming standard practice at the collegiate level and the upper high school levels. It's too difficult to sort through conflicting messages when two people are telling a QB different things. When I had a separate QB coach, I still had input, but I made sure that it went through the QB coach so that he was still the one teaching, coaching, and correcting.

@Huskerthom has a point that different players learn different ways, but that's already baked into this cake: Frost and Verduzco don't recruit players that won't adapt well to Verduzco's coaching. Verduzco is amazingly laid back about a lot of issues that other QB gurus get hyperventilated over, such as release point for passes, arm level for passes, etc., so he's very willing and able to accommodate a wildly wide variety of throwing styles, but he won't accept compromises on the footwork, eye placement, and a handful of other details. It's not a secret either. He's very blunt about it. No recruit will come to Nebraska and say that he wasn't aware of how it would work. If he arrives and doesn't like it, that's what the transfer portal is for.

If you want to see how Verduzco is doing at Nebraska, consider a few facts regarding the QB position that are kind of mind-boggling considering how things have been elsewhere:
  1. Andrew Bunch returned for his redshirt junior year, even knowing that he wouldn't see any playing time, and that he was moving down the depth chart. Yes, he entered the portal after the '19 season, but why stay? He liked the coaching he was getting, and he was able to make throws that he'd never made before.
  2. Noah Vedral followed Frost and Verduzco back to Nebraska, and I highly doubt that he will ever transfer out, even though, again, he knew that he would not be starting, and he would likely move down in the backup order over time. Why? He knew before he ever stepped foot on a college football field that he wanted to coach football after college, and he came to the realization that Verduzco is the best QB coach for him to learn the business.
  3. Matt Masker is still at Nebraska. I don't know the specifics of his situation, but I have a hunch that it's similar to Bunch and Vedral.
  4. Luke McCaffrey came to Nebraska, and a big part of why was that he liked what he was already learning from Verduzco while he was being recruited in high school. He was very aware that his QB mechanics were horrible in high school, but it was Verduzco who convinced him that he had all of the tools to be a good college QB. Verduzco worked with him on his mechanics all of last spring, and Luke says that it helped, and now it's more a matter of keeping the teaching instead of falling back on old/bad habits.
  5. Logan Smothers is coming to Nebraska, and Verduzco was his chief recruiter, and it's clear that working with Verduzco was/is as much of the draw as anything else. He also said that he asked Mario about a mechanics issue that he was having a year ago, and Coach V showed him some drills to work it out, and it helped. He said that he was throwing better last year because of that.
For those of you who have never played QB or coached QBs, I don't know how to explain it to you except that I did, and I do, and I've never met anybody else even remotely like him. Yes, he is an odd duck, but not in any sort of off-putting way. He's an Italian surfer dude who reads and teaches highly technical biomechanic and cognitive concepts in a way that nobody else ever has before. A lot of coaches don't understand the vocabulary that he's using, so, naturally, they assume that the problem is with him and not them. He does have a rote spiel that he goes through in how he teaches QB biomechanics, and it is loaded with jargon and academicese,... but he's clearly not full of b.s. and blowing smoke to try and hide it. How do I know? Whenever I didn't understand what he was saying, I'd ask him to explain it to me in a more simple way, and he did, repeatedly. He's a mad scientist on the one hand, but I'm also pretty sure that he could teach my 9-year-old son how to better throw a football in a matter of minutes, and my son would walk away with a lifetime's worth of coachable points and memorable phrases that I still remember after one very long day 2 years ago.

So why would people criticize him? Other QB gurus don't like somebody notable going against their orthodoxy. Verduzco flat out challenges some of the age-old "wisdom" that has been handed down literally for generations when it comes to QB throwing mechanics, and the guys who teach that for a living have a heavy stake in squashing those who question their methods. It's about as surprising as a late 1800s horse buggy manufacturer talking about the drawbacks of those new-fangled motor carriage thingamabobs.

Yes, he did. He was a mediocre QB at San Jose State, which happened to produce another mediocre QB a couple decades earlier named "Bill Walsh." Walsh also coached at San Jose State where he wrote his dissertation on the history of the passing offense. (You can read it here.) Growing up in the San Francisco area and going to San Jose State at about the same time that Bill Walsh was coming onto the scene, it's not a coincidence that Verduzco was/is also a huge Bill Walsh fan. Verduzco also did his graduate work/coaching at San Jose State, and he wrote his dissertation on the biomechanics of being a QB, which you can read here. (Head's up: It's not an easy read.) If you watch Joe Montana's scrambling, footwork, and throwing technique on "The Catch" that Dwight Clark made to beat Dallas in the NFC Championship Game, you're literally seeing the product of Walsh's teaching on QB footwork, etc., and it was the foundation for what Verduzco teaches. Don't forget that Frost went to Stanford specifically to be coached by Walsh as a QB, or that Walsh even as late as Frost's rookie year in the NFL as a Safety was saying that Frost could still play NFL QB with some proper coaching.

Fwiw, Verduzco is NOT alone in insisting that his QBs avoid other QB gurus. It's relatively common.

Yeah, that's not going to happen ... on either end of what you're saying.

I completely agree with this. The best athletes are often able to do things without having to work on their technique to the same degree of breaking it down and analyzing it to get the most out of whatever talent is there. It has been my experience in both basketball and football that almost all of the best coaches have been guys who were NOT great at what they teach, and often they were average or below and had to work incredibly hard at the details just to get playing time. It's especially interesting in the case of Frost as QB because Verduzco says that he can see on film that he received some bad coaching when he was at Stanford that affected Frost's delivery as he never threw the football like a shotput when he was in high school, but he came back to Nebraska with that throwing motion, and he was never able to fix it. Fwiw, with 2 days of drills at Oregon ten years ago, Verduzco helped him fix it. I asked Frost about it, and he still remembered the exact drill. He says that he still has to do that drill occasionally when he's throwing balls for WRs in practice when his old tick comes back. THAT'S why Frost believes in Verduzco.

You clearly haven't read much of Verduzco's bio. Everywhere he's been, he's left a trail of QBs who suddenly are better both mechanically and at making decisions. Also, do you include Verduzco's disciples in your calculus? Frost will tell you plainly that he only taught Marcus Mariota whatever he could remember from what Verduzco had been teaching him. I don't know how direct the connection is with Ryan Day, but I can't help but notice that since Justin Fields went to Ohio State, he suddenly started showing some of the same footwork mechanics when scrambling that Verduzco teaches. Maybe it's a coincidence, but Day also coached QBs under Chip Kelly, who was also a QBs coach, and there is so much overlap there in every direction that it's difficult to sort it out. If you want a coincidence, I also thought it was interesting that suddenly this year--but not so much last year--Joe Burrow was flashing a lot of the same exact footwork and feet placement when scrambling. If you're not a QB or QB coach, you might think it's just a natural place to end up, but that's not the world of football coaching as I've ever known it. One of the cardinal rules of QB decision-making since the middle of the 20th century was "Never throw late over the middle when you're scrambling." Joe Montana did that all of the time, and so did Steve Young, but that's because they were trained how to do it, and so their footwork added power to their passes that other QBs simply didn't have. If you watched UCF beat Auburn, you should have noticed that Milton threw late over the middle for a TD in a very tight window late in the game--the announcers noticed because they made comments to the effect that QBs are taught NOT to do that. Verduzco taught him that. Verduzco has close-up video footage of both Montana's feet when throwing "The Catch" and Milton's feet when throwing that pass, and he'll painstakingly break it down, point by point, to show you how both were coached to do exactly what they did in exactly the way that they did it.

But hey, if YOU say that he's a "very average coach," I'm sure that you know more about it than I do.
sure as heck hope AM doesn't under-perform...but if he does, and he is allowed to keep playing with the same results as last year, there will be a hot-seat for someone...and HCSF isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Do the math.

Do you really think 45 days of contact is enough to change/improve a mechanical issue?

Yes, absolutely, especially when you could see the results between the 2018 Spring Game and the start of the 2018 season. Both the 2018 Spring Game and the 2018 Colorado game have been online, so go and watch for yourself. I'm assuming that if you're willing to dig in your heels this much on this topic that you'll be able to recognize the changes for yourself. He threw the ball with more zip, cocked his arm differently, and all three (Martinez, Verduzco, and Frost) made reference to the changes that had occurred, and how it had helped.

Where's the argument? This feels like we're arguing because you decided that it couldn't be true, and that's pretty much the gist of your argument. I've been coaching QBs for 20+ years, and I couldn't count the number of kids of all ages who had some sort of hitch or hiccup in their throwing motion that needed to be corrected. The only ones who really struggled were the ones who wouldn't try what they were being asked to do. It doesn't take long to fix a throwing issue, but it takes a lifetime for a QB to consistently avoid falling back on bad fundamentals. It's remarkably similar to shooting free-throws in basketball in that regard.

Mariotta is a really big reach.

Not according to Frost,... you know ... Mariotta's QB coach?

How many guys has V coached that made it in the NFL or one of the minor leagues?

So by default almost any SEC coach is automatically one of the best QB coaches in the world? Kurt Warner's QB coach at Northern Iowa must have been especially good as he ended up in the Hall of Fame, right?

You can't solely judge a coach by the heights that his players reach, but you can judge a coach by how close his players come to reaching their potential. Verduzco has consistently developed QBs as well or better than anyone in the country, and he's especially good at coaching up QBs to make throws while moving. I attend as many coaching clinics as possible, and I've been doing so since 1993. I couldn't tell you how many QB coaches I have heard giving presentations over the years. The ones who were the most impressive and demonstrated the best combination of drills to strengthen and correct and how to teach fundamentals would be a motley assortment.

I did not dump on V, only that he is very average and if you DO READ HIS BIO as, I have, failed to find a Manning or Brady mentioned anywhere.

I'm not sure how you define "dumping," but you weren't very positive. It's also interesting that you mention Tom Brady as some sort of measuring stick. His QB coach at Michigan thought that Drew Henson was better, but by your standards, clearly he was a fantastic college QB coach because ... Tom Brady.

If last year was an example of verduzco coaching, we are seriously in trouble.

I'm curious what you saw that you think was a result of poor QB coaching? I don't mind if you list it in detail.

If I was looking for a QB list, many others would be ahead in the list.

I assume that you mean "QB coach list?" I'm curious. Which ones would you rank ahead of Verduzco and why? Ideally, it would be nice if they are still alive and would be considered potential hires for Nebraska, but I'd settle for just being alive.

Now tell me more about Chins...

You can't handle talking about Coach V. Talking about Chinander will make your head explode. Don't worry though, you'll be one of the first to mourn when he leaves ... for a better job ... on his own terms.

Last edited:
I

sure as heck hope AM doesn't under-perform...but if he does, and he is allowed to keep playing with the same results as last year, there will be a hot-seat for someone...and HCSF isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Do the math.
Frost talks it over with his OC and QBs coach, but he makes the final decision on who starts. It's Verduzco's job to coach all of the QBs to the best of their ability. You seem to be implying that Frost would get rid of Verduzco for choosing to continue to play a (hypothetically) still struggling Martinez.

I am saying that if there is the same crappy QB play as last year, with a MUCH more talented and deeper QB room this year, then there is a problem somewhere......and I won't be blaming the new Special Teams Coordinator for crappy QB play.

No offense @wcbsas, but that's exactly what others are saying in this thread. See above, Red October.
Well it is not what I’m saying. I just think if a player is so inclined he should be able with Coach V’s blessing/advise/counsel utilize an outside coach. That is what I’m saying.

i know not everyone is perfect for that role ... Coach V doesn’t want them undoing something he’s trying to do ... but collaborate together and work with some guys that Coach V will approve of ... or will coach the things Coach V wants coached.

False. AM came in with some mechanics issues that were cleared up, and Verduzco worked with him to build up some zing on the ball following shoulder surgery. Some of the main things that Verduzco stresses is the footwork of the position, especially throwing while moving, and he doesn't allow QBs to stand and throw the same pass repeatedly as he believes that it's necessary to throw to different spots accurately the first time without "dialing it in" via repeated throws. All of these things are relatively novel, but he absolutely is considered a guru on teaching QBs how to throw while moving. I've never seen better, and I know of nobody else who even focuses on it, let alone teaches it/drills it as much as he does.

The freshman Adrian Martinez was exactly what Coach Verduzco produces. It's the sophomore AM that was baffling ... until you take into account that he was playing with multiple injuries, at least one of which required surgery.

It's also not true that Coach V won't allow players to train with other QBs. Anyone remember that Adrian was at the Mannings' QB camp last summer? What Verduzco and Frost do NOT want is another voice in the QB's head. They won't allow a personal QB coach. Before I ever met Verduzco I had already come to the same conclusion as a head coach/OC/QBs coach, and I believed it so fervently that we have always had a team policy where only one coach is allowed to coach QB technique and read progressions. Sometimes that person was me, but I took a step back once when a better QB coach was available, even though I was still the HC/OC. This is becoming standard practice at the collegiate level and the upper high school levels. It's too difficult to sort through conflicting messages when two people are telling a QB different things. When I had a separate QB coach, I still had input, but I made sure that it went through the QB coach so that he was still the one teaching, coaching, and correcting.

@Huskerthom has a point that different players learn different ways, but that's already baked into this cake: Frost and Verduzco don't recruit players that won't adapt well to Verduzco's coaching. Verduzco is amazingly laid back about a lot of issues that other QB gurus get hyperventilated over, such as release point for passes, arm level for passes, etc., so he's very willing and able to accommodate a wildly wide variety of throwing styles, but he won't accept compromises on the footwork, eye placement, and a handful of other details. It's not a secret either. He's very blunt about it. No recruit will come to Nebraska and say that he wasn't aware of how it would work. If he arrives and doesn't like it, that's what the transfer portal is for.

If you want to see how Verduzco is doing at Nebraska, consider a few facts regarding the QB position that are kind of mind-boggling considering how things have been elsewhere:
  1. Andrew Bunch returned for his redshirt junior year, even knowing that he wouldn't see any playing time, and that he was moving down the depth chart. Yes, he entered the portal after the '19 season, but why stay? He liked the coaching he was getting, and he was able to make throws that he'd never made before.
  2. Noah Vedral followed Frost and Verduzco back to Nebraska, and I highly doubt that he will ever transfer out, even though, again, he knew that he would not be starting, and he would likely move down in the backup order over time. Why? He knew before he ever stepped foot on a college football field that he wanted to coach football after college, and he came to the realization that Verduzco is the best QB coach for him to learn the business.
  3. Matt Masker is still at Nebraska. I don't know the specifics of his situation, but I have a hunch that it's similar to Bunch and Vedral.
  4. Luke McCaffrey came to Nebraska, and a big part of why was that he liked what he was already learning from Verduzco while he was being recruited in high school. He was very aware that his QB mechanics were horrible in high school, but it was Verduzco who convinced him that he had all of the tools to be a good college QB. Verduzco worked with him on his mechanics all of last spring, and Luke says that it helped, and now it's more a matter of keeping the teaching instead of falling back on old/bad habits.
  5. Logan Smothers is coming to Nebraska, and Verduzco was his chief recruiter, and it's clear that working with Verduzco was/is as much of the draw as anything else. He also said that he asked Mario about a mechanics issue that he was having a year ago, and Coach V showed him some drills to work it out, and it helped. He said that he was throwing better last year because of that.
For those of you who have never played QB or coached QBs, I don't know how to explain it to you except that I did, and I do, and I've never met anybody else even remotely like him. Yes, he is an odd duck, but not in any sort of off-putting way. He's an Italian surfer dude who reads and teaches highly technical biomechanic and cognitive concepts in a way that nobody else ever has before. A lot of coaches don't understand the vocabulary that he's using, so, naturally, they assume that the problem is with him and not them. He does have a rote spiel that he goes through in how he teaches QB biomechanics, and it is loaded with jargon and academicese,... but he's clearly not full of b.s. and blowing smoke to try and hide it. How do I know? Whenever I didn't understand what he was saying, I'd ask him to explain it to me in a more simple way, and he did, repeatedly. He's a mad scientist on the one hand, but I'm also pretty sure that he could teach my 9-year-old son how to better throw a football in a matter of minutes, and my son would walk away with a lifetime's worth of coachable points and memorable phrases that I still remember after one very long day 2 years ago.

So why would people criticize him? Other QB gurus don't like somebody notable going against their orthodoxy. Verduzco flat out challenges some of the age-old "wisdom" that has been handed down literally for generations when it comes to QB throwing mechanics, and the guys who teach that for a living have a heavy stake in squashing those who question their methods. It's about as surprising as a late 1800s horse buggy manufacturer talking about the drawbacks of those new-fangled motor carriage thingamabobs.

Yes, he did. He was a mediocre QB at San Jose State, which happened to produce another mediocre QB a couple decades earlier named "Bill Walsh." Walsh also coached at San Jose State where he wrote his dissertation on the history of the passing offense. (You can read it here.) Growing up in the San Francisco area and going to San Jose State at about the same time that Bill Walsh was coming onto the scene, it's not a coincidence that Verduzco was/is also a huge Bill Walsh fan. Verduzco also did his graduate work/coaching at San Jose State, and he wrote his dissertation on the biomechanics of being a QB, which you can read here. (Head's up: It's not an easy read.) If you watch Joe Montana's scrambling, footwork, and throwing technique on "The Catch" that Dwight Clark made to beat Dallas in the NFC Championship Game, you're literally seeing the product of Walsh's teaching on QB footwork, etc., and it was the foundation for what Verduzco teaches. Don't forget that Frost went to Stanford specifically to be coached by Walsh as a QB, or that Walsh even as late as Frost's rookie year in the NFL as a Safety was saying that Frost could still play NFL QB with some proper coaching.

Fwiw, Verduzco is NOT alone in insisting that his QBs avoid other QB gurus. It's relatively common.

Yeah, that's not going to happen ... on either end of what you're saying.

I completely agree with this. The best athletes are often able to do things without having to work on their technique to the same degree of breaking it down and analyzing it to get the most out of whatever talent is there. It has been my experience in both basketball and football that almost all of the best coaches have been guys who were NOT great at what they teach, and often they were average or below and had to work incredibly hard at the details just to get playing time. It's especially interesting in the case of Frost as QB because Verduzco says that he can see on film that he received some bad coaching when he was at Stanford that affected Frost's delivery as he never threw the football like a shotput when he was in high school, but he came back to Nebraska with that throwing motion, and he was never able to fix it. Fwiw, with 2 days of drills at Oregon ten years ago, Verduzco helped him fix it. I asked Frost about it, and he still remembered the exact drill. He says that he still has to do that drill occasionally when he's throwing balls for WRs in practice when his old tick comes back. THAT'S why Frost believes in Verduzco.

You clearly haven't read much of Verduzco's bio. Everywhere he's been, he's left a trail of QBs who suddenly are better both mechanically and at making decisions. Also, do you include Verduzco's disciples in your calculus? Frost will tell you plainly that he only taught Marcus Mariota whatever he could remember from what Verduzco had been teaching him. I don't know how direct the connection is with Ryan Day, but I can't help but notice that since Justin Fields went to Ohio State, he suddenly started showing some of the same footwork mechanics when scrambling that Verduzco teaches. Maybe it's a coincidence, but Day also coached QBs under Chip Kelly, who was also a QBs coach, and there is so much overlap there in every direction that it's difficult to sort it out. If you want a coincidence, I also thought it was interesting that suddenly this year--but not so much last year--Joe Burrow was flashing a lot of the same exact footwork and feet placement when scrambling. If you're not a QB or QB coach, you might think it's just a natural place to end up, but that's not the world of football coaching as I've ever known it. One of the cardinal rules of QB decision-making since the middle of the 20th century was "Never throw late over the middle when you're scrambling." Joe Montana did that all of the time, and so did Steve Young, but that's because they were trained how to do it, and so their footwork added power to their passes that other QBs simply didn't have. If you watched UCF beat Auburn, you should have noticed that Milton threw late over the middle for a TD in a very tight window late in the game--the announcers noticed because they made comments to the effect that QBs are taught NOT to do that. Verduzco taught him that. Verduzco has close-up video footage of both Montana's feet when throwing "The Catch" and Milton's feet when throwing that pass, and he'll painstakingly break it down, point by point, to show you how both were coached to do exactly what they did in exactly the way that they did it.

But hey, if YOU say that he's a "very average coach," I'm sure that you know more about it than I do.

2CED9D80-9113-4953-A559-A8E62028A6BC.jpeg

Yes, absolutely, especially when you could see the results between the 2018 Spring Game and the start of the 2018 season. Both the 2018 Spring Game and the 2018 Colorado game have been online, so go and watch for yourself. I'm assuming that if you're willing to dig in your heels this much on this topic that you'll be able to recognize the changes for yourself. He threw the ball with more zip, cocked his arm differently, and all three (Martinez, Verduzco, and Frost) made reference to the changes that had occurred, and how it had helped.

Where's the argument? This feels like we're arguing because you decided that it couldn't be true, and that's pretty much the gist of your argument. I've been coaching QBs for 20+ years, and I couldn't count the number of kids of all ages who had some sort of hitch or hiccup in their throwing motion that needed to be corrected. The only ones who really struggled were the ones who wouldn't try what they were being asked to do. It doesn't take long to fix a throwing issue, but it takes a lifetime for a QB to consistently avoid falling back on bad fundamentals. It's remarkably similar to shooting free-throws in basketball in that regard.

Not according to Frost,... you know ... Mariotta's QB coach?

So by default almost any SEC coach is automatically one of the best QB coaches in the world? Kurt Warner's QB coach at Northern Iowa must have been especially good as he ended up in the Hall of Fame, right?

You can't solely judge a coach by the heights that his players reach, but you can judge a coach by how close his players come to reaching their potential. Verduzco has consistently developed QBs as well or better than anyone in the country, and he's especially good at coaching up QBs to make throws while moving. I attend as many coaching clinics as possible, and I've been doing so since 1993. I couldn't tell you how many QB coaches I have heard giving presentations over the years. The ones who were the most impressive and demonstrated the best combination of drills to strengthen and correct and how to teach fundamentals would be a motley assortment.

I'm not sure how you define "dumping," but you weren't very positive. It's also interesting that you mention Tom Brady as some sort of measuring stick. His QB coach at Michigan thought that Drew Henson was better, but by your standards, clearly he was a fantastic college QB coach because ... Tom Brady.

I'm curious what you saw that you think was a result of poor QB coaching? I don't mind if you list it in detail.

I assume that you mean "QB coach list?" I'm curious. Which ones would you rank ahead of Verduzco and why? Ideally, it would be nice if they are still alive and would be considered potential hires for Nebraska, but I'd settle for just being alive.

You can't handle talking about Coach V. Talking about Chinander will make your head explode. Don't worry though, you'll be one of the first to mourn when he leaves ... for a better job ... on his own terms.
I get you have a man crush on the coaching staff but that does not make them the best thing since sliced bread. There is no one on that staff that hasn't screwed up enough to cost us ball games and that includes Frost. There are just so many.,,, lets just go with one for now,,,AM2 running out of bounds in the Iowas game to stop the clock.

I get you have a man crush on the coaching staff but that does not make them the best thing since sliced bread. There is no one on that staff that hasn't screwed up enough to cost us ball games and that includes Frost. There are just so many.,,, lets just go with one for now,,,AM2 running out of bounds in the Iowas game to stop the clock.
The first two sentences are pretty much the full weight of your argument. The last sentence is all that you can identify to support it.

I'm curious how you draw the conclusion that his running out of bounds is the fault of the QBs coach. How would that be his fault?

I get that you don't understand how football works, and your feelings are hurt because the teams haven't met your expectations. Life is hard sometimes. You'll get through it.

Coach-speak and Athlete-speak.

Do you really think 45 days of contact is enough to change/improve a mechanical issue?

Lastly - no one is saying Coach V is not a good coach. He is certainly regarded well and because of that he has kids wanting to play for him. What I am saying though is the use of off-season QB gurus is not an uncommon thing and being open to that can potentially help your protege in an environment where contact is limited.
They changed the rules about summer contact, so he had more than 45 days. But even if that was it, there is a lot that can be learned in that amount of time. That's almost an entire high school season of practice days.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back