• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kudos to Frost

I was calling for some staff changes early on. Stupidly I had it completely ass backwards as I lobbied for some coaching changes on the defensive side. :Speechless: Oh well can't win them all.
Yea, our early D had poor fits and until this year, little to no depth on O.

Last edited:
If we do see significant improvements, the Kudos ultimately go to ADTC for the changes and expectations he’s made to/for the Football Program.

Yes, those reporting up to ADTA should be recognized as well, but the impetus for the changes that caused these (potential) improvements is ADTA.

It’s going to be very interesting to watch.

Last edited:
Where we all the experts calling for staff changes prior to last year? I think it's selective memory as it was a pretty lonely island for those doing it early.
I think there were many questioning things after his first year, and definitely after 2019. Hell, maybe weren’t happy with the coaches he brought here before his first season. It was somewhat overlooked because Scott was so cocky, and said all the things he said, and at the time, most loved it and believed it. I believe I cautioned that this unanimous hire is scary. Everyone was for it, myself included. I did mention that, the public is usually wrong, by Las Vegas standards. I definitely cautioned about it.

Matt Lubick ..... now Kansas as a senior analyst
Mario Verduzco .... unemployed ?
Ryan Held ..... now North Alabama (FCS) as the associate head coach, offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach
Greg Austin ...... now Florida International University as the run game coordinator and offensive line coach
Tony Tuioti ..... I believe same job but moved to Oregon Ducks

MAV7RhQ.png

V4MtgqA.png

Last edited:

Frost rightly took the hit for the lousy 4 years of this tenure. Why the hell people wouldn't give him some credit for a turn around this year indicates FDS! Frost Derangement Syndrome.... He's taken what his boss told him to do and just MAYBE turned things around. TREV is not coaching this team and Frost's assistants still take their direction from him. Therefore he should either get the credit for success or the blame this season. He will be held accountable by Trev without a doubt.

Anyone suggesting that people can't change, improve and get better at their job doesn't know WTH they are talking about. Happens all the time in every type of job or career. Obviously as fans all we can now do is sit back and see if all the change brings success this season.
Interesting take. To believe only the Frost critics can’t change and would never give him credit. Does that mean the Frost love fest guys will always be that way if he continues to lose? At this point the anti frost believers certainly have strong argument points for their position and could easily be swayed if he ever achieves what we were looking for.
The Frost lovers have much weaker evidence to support their position. How much weaker does it need to be before they change their tune if ever.

Interesting take. To believe only the Frost critics can’t change and would never give him credit. Does that mean the Frost love fest guys will always be that way if he continues to lose? At this point the anti frost believers certainly have strong argument points for their position and could easily be swayed if he ever achieves what we were looking for.
The Frost lovers have much weaker evidence to support their position. How much weaker does it need to be before they change their tune if ever.
Time will only tell....

Frankly I just don't want another merry go round of a new HC and everything that follows. If Frost can put together a good season 8 or more wins I'll be thrilled after the past 4 years. Our over recruiting has been good and this team has a lot of potential. If we have a good season why wouldn't fans first be happy and second give Frost at least some of the credit? A good winning season would cure a lot of issues for our program. I'm just not convinced that Frost can't get it done which perhaps is crazy.

At least the opportunity is all in front of HC Frost and the program starting in 10 days. GBR.

Frankly I just don't want another merry go round of a new HC and everything that follows. If Frost can put together a good season 8 or more wins I'll be thrilled after the past 4 years. Our over recruiting has been good and this team has a lot of potential. If we have a good season why wouldn't fans first be happy and second give Frost at least some of the credit? A good winning season would cure a lot of issues for our program. I'm just not convinced that Frost can't get it done which perhaps is crazy.

At least the opportunity is all in front of HC Frost and the program starting in 10 days. GBR.
He has shown he can get it done. Hope he makes it happen here

I think fans would be happy with 8 wins and give SF credit. Just not sure why you are accusing the critics of having FDS.

I think fans would be happy with 8 wins and give SF credit. Just not sure why you are accusing the critics of having FDS.
There have been some that said or intimated they wouldn't give Frost credit for almost anything good that's happened or might happen this season. A few people said all the changes were all TA's doing which I do not believe to be the case. Hope that explains my position.

Last edited:
There have been some that said or intimated they wouldn't give Frost credit for almost anything good that's happened or might happen this season. A few people said all the changes were all TA's doing which I do not believe to be the case. Hope that explains my position.
I guess there are the extreme outliers on both sides. Yes I’m a SF critic but I’m a realist. I know from a really good source that TA did not put any demands on SF and that SF Approached TA on the changes. I have given SF credit for this at least 5 times already on this board.

I guess there are the extreme outliers on both sides. Yes I’m a SF critic but I’m a realist. I know from a really good source that TA did not put any demands on SF and that SF Approached TA on the changes. I have given SF credit for this at least 5 times already on this board.
I've heaped plenty of much deserved criticism imo on SF over the past several years. My point was IF (a big if) he can coach a winning season he deserves some credit. Give credit where credit is due and since he's still our HC I hope Husker fans give him support. Obviously a lot of questions remain for this team and won't be answered until we've at least played several games.

HCSF deserves some credit. From watching these all these videos of players I think the team has definitely adopted his personality and swagger.

Offensively, previous assistant coaches didn't seem to have that "step on their throats and take their will" type mentality. These new coaches aren't playing around.

Raiola getting those OL attacking downhill will be key. If Raiola builds it, they will come (4+ star talent).

Frost has talent at both kicker positions so no excuses there for probably the first time he has been here with Busch (a proven multi position coach and top notch recruiter).

The offensive coaches and Busch seem much more aligned with Frost's persona. Coaches that are passionate about developing young men into Leaders.

May be wishful thinking but I can see 250+ rushing yard games with it being primarily RBs getting the yards. All with efficiently disecting a defense to multiple weapons in the pass game. We are starting to look like a team that can hurt you a lot of ways, all if the O line can open lanes and stop the pass rush.

A lot for Raiola but if he can line up with Frost's vision, I can see being a team nobody wants on their schedule. This team has some moxy. When the O line finally gets their's, I for one can see all gas no breaks mentality coming through on the scoreboard.

We got some dudes.

Kudos HCSF
Nope. When you crap the bed, you don't get kudos for trying to clean it up.

I think this is the key to the whole thing. Not only empowering, but hiring the right people to begin with. Nothing against any of his staff before, perhaps in different circumstances they are all good coaches, but few of them showed they were ready for the task at hand. Can they recruit, can they teach, can they motivate…. Then can they do it in Lincoln Nebraska.

Probably my biggest issue with frost is his arrogance ( “swagger” to some) coming in and maintaining throughout 4 years at the bottom of the b1g west, that he was doing such a better job than his predecessors. In so doing, he blindly held on to guys that did not carry enough street cred to get themselves a foothold on the national seen and were not able to pull in the boys need to turn the corner. Or perhaps they just couldn’t coach.

Either way it was 1 mistake after another. Pelini had the same arrogance, afraid to hire anyone that would question his manhood, yet he maintained 9+ through big 12 officiating, conference jumping and then some b1g officiating until too much AD ultimately did him in.

If frost earns any credit from which none Has yet to be earned, it will be for this reason and this reason alone. Put the small town jock arrogance in your skoal poach and stuff it deep in your back pocket never to be seen again and heap praise on the hires you brought in to save your a..butt.
Yep he figured his arrogance would trade off to the players. It’s a main reason for the poor culture within NU and he can not figure that out

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back