• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kudos to Frost

Frost rightly took the hit for the lousy 4 years of this tenure. Why the hell people wouldn't give him some credit for a turn around this year indicates FDS! Frost Derangement Syndrome.... He's taken what his boss told him to do and just MAYBE turned things around. TREV is not coaching this team and Frost's assistants still take their direction from him. Therefore he should either get the credit for success or the blame this season. He will be held accountable by Trev without a doubt.

Anyone suggesting that people can't change, improve and get better at their job doesn't know WTH they are talking about. Happens all the time in every type of job or career. Obviously as fans all we can now do is sit back and see if all the change brings success this season.
I thought you were going to say those people need some Feminine Deodorant Spray.

Maybe both are true.

SF and only SF set himself up for second guessing regardless of what happens. He hung onto awful offensive assistants who were graded for friendship instead of results. that was on him

now those turds were replaced with what we hope are good coaches and only game time will prove this out but there is reason for hope with mickey joseph laying the hammer to laze WR's, much improved recruiting and general sense of focus on discipline football.

So if we achieve a turnaround, SF will not get the level of credit a new head coach would NOR should he as he created the cesspool we are hopefully exiting.

“Turds” seems a bit excessive, no? They all seemed like fine men, and 2 were former Husker players.

Did HCSF hang onto his subpar staff too long? Yes. Arguably, after going undefeated at UCF, he did not realize that some were not competent enough to make the jump to the B1G, at least at the time. After a couple of seasons, it was painfully obvious and he should have made moves at least one season earlier.

But “turds” they were not. Let’s reserve that moniker for those that deserve it. Like any Miami players or fans. Or really anyone associated with Texas. Wow there’s a lot of turds out there…

Last edited:
It’s a no win scenario for Frost if he gets blamed for all the negatives but isn’t eligible for the credit for potential improvement. I think there would be enough joy to spread some credit around, but it would be kind of crappy to disqualify Frost from accolades.
Give all the accolades to Trev if this works. He's the one who forced the changes.

Give all the accolades to Trev if this works. He's the one who forced the changes.
I'm just pointing out that there are numerous individuals who have already decided that Frost will only get credit for bad developments this season, and not for positive developments. That is intellectually dishonest. I'm not going to argue the point, just wanted to point it out.

I'm not saying to exclude anyone else for their contributions (Alberts, assistant coaches, especially the players themselves). But pretending Frost is responsible for everything that goes on with the team, but not if they win, that's kind of a ridiculous position.

I'm just pointing out that there are numerous individuals who have already decided that Frost will only get credit for bad developments this season, and not for positive developments. That is intellectually dishonest. I'm not going to argue the point, just wanted to point it out.

I'm not saying to exclude anyone else for their contributions (Alberts, assistant coaches, especially the players themselves). But pretending Frost is responsible for everything that goes on with the team, but not if they win, that's kind of a ridiculous position.
^^^And there it is

I was actually being glib but you are correct. If this works he should be given credit for taking advice and making the necessary changes. I actually think a lot of the blame goes back to Moos. He was so dead set on making that splash hire that he handed Frost a blank check instead of using his experience to mentor a young coach. That does not absolve Frost of anything, his hubris caused a lot of the issues the past few years. If he's grown as coach and person then good for him and the football team.

“Turds” seems a bit excessive, no? They all seemed like fine men, and 2 were former Husker players.

Did HCSF hang onto his subpar staff too long? Yes. Arguably, after going undefeated at UCF, he did not realize that some were not competent enough to make the jump to the B1G, at least at the time. After a couple of seasons, it was painfully obvious and he should have made moves at least one season earlier.

But “turds” they were not. Let’s reserve that moniker for those that deserve it. Like any Miami players or fans. Or really anyone associated with Texas. Wow there’s a lot of turds out there…
Where we all the experts calling for staff changes prior to last year? I think it's selective memory as it was a pretty lonely island for those doing it early.

Where we all the experts calling for staff changes prior to last year? I think it's selective memory as it was a pretty lonely island for those doing it early.
because few actually believe that assistant can raise the level enough to do anything but postpone the inevitable. i have said this before ill say it again, the assistant coaches are rarely the problem. nebraska along with so many others have tried this route many times, can anyone come up with it actually working for more than a one-off? i have had LSU throw at me several times with Orgeron because they won a natty after bringing in an allstar cast. yet it exploded after that because the HC was the problem. we don't have LSU talent, or the overall talent in the coaching room. if the HC can not carry the load, the assistants won't be around long if things go well for them. its always on the HC to if you want to maintain any kind of success.

because few actually believe that assistant can raise the level enough to do anything but postpone the inevitable. i have said this before ill say it again, the assistant coaches are rarely the problem. nebraska along with so many others have tried this route many times, can anyone come up with it actually working for more than a one-off? i have had LSU throw at me several times with Orgeron because they won a natty after bringing in an allstar cast. yet it exploded after that because the HC was the problem. we don't have LSU talent, or the overall talent in the coaching room. if the HC can not carry the load, the assistants won't be around long if things go well for them. its always on the HC to if you want to maintain any kind of success.
One name,FS
One name, Fitz losing Hankwitz
We handed Fitz his most lop sided loss, now were we that good,or was he that bad?

LSU talent didnt save Bo

Going outside the Chip Kelly box will help SF, and the only way to happen is bring experience at doing something else.
If we take off from here, will it be seen as when TO switched his offense, or will Whip get some credit?

One thing we can count on- if this team goes 9-3 like Solich did after making changes, Frost won't be fired. At least this time we have an AD with his head out of his a--.

SF and only SF set himself up for second guessing regardless of what happens. He hung onto awful offensive assistants who were graded for friendship instead of results. that was on him

now those turds were replaced with what we hope are good coaches and only game time will prove this out but there is reason for hope with mickey joseph laying the hammer to laze WR's, much improved recruiting and general sense of focus on discipline football.

So if we achieve a turnaround, SF will not get the level of credit a new head coach would NOR should he as he created the cesspool we are hopefully exiting.
Hey what'd I do? :Confused:

I was calling for some staff changes early on. Stupidly I had it completely ass backwards as I lobbied for some coaching changes on the defensive side. :Speechless: Oh well can't win them all.

I’ve been as critical toward SF as anyone on this board, but this is a good take. Give blame - and credit - where it’s due.

I, for one, will be willing to give SF some props if this turns around - IF this turns around. And not just one years‘s worth…

Yeah, that’s right. The players and coaches have no role in this thing. All it takes is a nudge by upper management and the rest is pre-ordained. As a manager myself, I love that line of thinking. :Lol:

(Even if it defies reality.). The reality is that maybe Trev is what SF needed to turn things around. Perhaps they will turn out to be a good AD/HC combo. I hope so. I’m ready for some wins.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back