• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

KSU @ NU: [L, 5-0]

I normally don't get too worked up about strikeouts. Outs are outs; and at that level, how you get out is kind of irrelevant. Obviously different with situational hitting. At least a strikeout isn't a double play.

However, if they pile up over the season and you aren't chock full of dudes that drop bombs, strikeouts aren't going to help you manufacture runs. Is that what it's starting to look like?

Yes, to me that's what its starting to look like. No power yet a high number of strikeouts is a strange look. And so many of them are caught looking. I don't know enough to tell whether its talent or approach or some of both.

Yes, to me that's what its starting to look like. No power yet a high number of strikeouts is a strange look. And so many of them are caught looking. I don't know enough to tell whether its talent or approach or some of both.

Just looked it up they have a 164 to 278 walk to strikeout ratio.

With 15 homeruns.

Ouch.

Last edited:
I think they have pretty detailed scouting reports and when that pitch doesn’t happen with two strikes they are baffled. They don’t have a ton of guys that will hit 10+ HRs but a bunch that will hit 5. What’s odd is we lead the league in a ton of offensive categories.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back