• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked King Frazier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not want to see Janovich leave the field as a fullback... but Imani probably has a little more experience with the ball in his hands and more speed, so where I doubt we will see him line up as FB in the I Formation, you may see split backs on both sides of Taylor in shotgun with Cross lead blocking to not tip off a 'power' or 'iso' play...

Agreed.

I think Janovich is the next in the long line of fullbacks at Nebraska. How many other schools do you think have fullbacks that the fan base can name for much of their lifetime?

I am a little more skeptical about our "dpeth" at RB. I worry that losing Heard might hurt depending on the injury situation. While the young backs seem talented enough, they are inexperienced.
He was 3rd string anyway.....Cross was ahead of him and Frazier has a year in system and Newby and Taylor are very talented so we should be good to go unless Ameer would go down game 1.

If you can get the pass pro down I would agree, as there is no offensive position where instincts override experience more than iBack IMO.
Yep, even Bo said RB is one position where talent will override experience, but they need to have an understanding on pass protection.

Most teams don't use a fullback.

Yep, I am aware of that. Which is what I was trying to get at...Nebraska and the line of fullbacks over the years is something that is special, maybe a little unique, and I think the Janovich kid is going to be a good one.

There's away if Newby or Taylor gets a chance and prove they are better.

Yeah, that's not going to happen. I take that back, if Ameer fumbles the ball 3 times a game, maybe by the SDSU game we could see a change. Other than that, Ameer has solidified his spot as the #1 back dating back to last year.

Yeah, that's not going to happen. I take that back, if Ameer fumbles the ball 3 times a game, maybe by the SDSU game we could see a change. Other than that, Ameer has solidified his spot as the #1 back dating back to last year.

You are correct. There is a reason most pundits are considering him the best back in the BIG 10(Neck and Neck with Venric Marc, sp?) But yup in traditional Huskerfandom the back-up, that has never ever played a down will over take him. How did that work out for Carnes and Tommy Armstrong?? Just asking....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back