• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kickoff Kicker….I’m liking this!!

johnrr6

Lucky!
5 Year Member

I think we have a desperate need for this kid to just boot the damn ball deep in the End zone on kick offs…every time. Solves soooo many special team issues.

And he also looks like a possible future replacement for our all Big Ten place kicker.

I’m really hoping this works out. A home state boy to boot…multiple sport athlete!

I think we have a desperate need for this kid to just boot the damn ball deep in the End zone on kick offs…every time. Solves soooo many special team issues.

And he also looks like a possible future replacement for our all Big Ten place kicker.

I’m really hoping this works out. A home state boy to boot…multiple sport athlete!
He’s a two time state qualifier in golf as well. Golfers understand mechanics and pressure situations. That can’t hurt as a kicker. Sounds like he’s got an incredibly live leg. Definitely a kid to watch this fall.

Frost really needs to pull out all the stops and get this kid imo.

Is his commitment questionable? I only ask because per the article Meyer sounds like a done deal.

“Meyer could earn the Huskers’ starting kick-off role this fall barring a solid adjustment to college football when he reports to UNL on June 7. My coaches (at Nebraska) have been telling me that I'm good enough to be there and do well and earn the starting spot,” said Meyer.

Also curious who on staff coaches the kickers? His HS Coach speaks very highly of him and his prospects at the next level.

“If he goes in and focuses on it, really gets specialized in it and gets coaching that a Division I program can provide, I can see him taking it to another level and be pretty special,” Franzen said.

And I agree this is the kind of kid that NU needs to get in Lincoln.

Is his commitment questionable? I only ask because per the article Meyer sounds like a done deal.

“Meyer could earn the Huskers’ starting kick-off role this fall barring a solid adjustment to college football when he reports to UNL on June 7. My coaches (at Nebraska) have been telling me that I'm good enough to be there and do well and earn the starting spot,” said Meyer.

Also curious who on staff coaches the kickers? His HS Coach speaks very highly of him and his prospects at the next level.

“If he goes in and focuses on it, really gets specialized in it and gets coaching that a Division I program can provide, I can see him taking it to another level and be pretty special,” Franzen said.

And I agree this is the kind of kid that NU needs to get in Lincoln.
You're right. Must be a done deal but he is a WALK ON. Rather surprised looking at what he's accomplished in HS he wasn't offered a lot of scholarships. Sure sounds like the answer at the very least to get someone that can kick the damn ball into the end zone. :Banana:

Last edited:

It doesn't get simpler. kick it through the endzone. Defense knows where to start and the anxiety is down.

even 75% of the time. This would solve a lot. And since we ask starters and other impact players to play special teams, this would also help with the mindset there. They get fewer times they have to collide on these plays, so when they do it will be an opportunity instead of a "Here we Go Again".

It's just good, solid, common sense football.

and we have not done it for several years now.

Yet all the “good teams” do…

just kick the damn ball deep or through the Endzone!

Simple, reliable, never fails.

one less thing to jump up and bite you!

And we frankly have bite mark scars all over our butts from the last few years.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back