• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Key injuries provide questions moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
We are going to see going forward if some folks can step up like Ameer did for Rex and take us the rest of the way to the Rose Bowl....Mark Pelini did a great job against Iowa and will get the opportunity no doubt to show it again against Wisconsin this weekend....

Center Justin Jackson (ankle) and defensive tackle Baker Steinkuhler (ankle), the leaders of the offensive and defensive lines, respectively, were gingerly moved down the tunnel on crutches, unsure of what the near future holds.

Pelini said that while there are further evaluations to made, it would seem both will likely miss next Saturday's Big Ten championship.

Defensive coordinator John Papuchis wasn't thinking about the long-term impact when Steinkuhler went down in the first half. He was more concerned with patching together a defensive line that was short on depth as it was.

"But after it's all said and done, the thing I feel the worst for is him," Papuchis said. "He's been such a hard worker for us. He's been everything you could ever ask out of a player and you want players' careers to end on their terms. I don't know what the long-term significance of this is, but I felt bad for him that he wasn't able to finish his last regular season game."

Much more here: http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1440491

Will be interesting to see if we get any official word on what the injuries are in the next few days...

Hard to say....have heard nothing on it....Rome etc. will now get their chance to excell and hopefully Baker is back for the bowl....

Where's Jay Guy been all season? Had high hopes for him when he was recruited, he seems to have gotten lost in the depth chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back