• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kevin,

P

PAtrey

Kevin,

Damn, man...figure it out. You're running out of chances to prove yourself. You think you're one step ahead of everyone like your predecessor, but you're a step behind. Are you accountable? Ha. Do you feel your mistakes? ha. Know who does? The student athletes playing in the B1G conference. I'd bet the Nebraska baseball team is feeling the affects of your inability to lead.

What was once the most lucrative conference, the B1G is being used as punch-lines for the most hysterical jokes to the rest of the world. Here's one thing I want y'all to think about- I don't care how much money Nebraska is making by joining the B1G, no amount of money is worth the disrespect. It's simply not worth it. It's pretty difficult to built a brand when the conference you play for doesn't have your back. The B1G does not have Nebraska's back, how many hard lessons is it going to take for us to figure that out.

Leadership makes a difference. I honestly don’t think we’d be singing this harsh of tune if Jim Delaney was still in charge.

No way would the past year’s debacle even have happened…regardless of the pandemic.

Delaney would’ve reigned in the university presidents and in separate meetings with each of them, gently reminded them where the money was coming from for their new library’s, new science labs, and other new facilities. Boosters and fans…..

We would’ve wound up doing exactly what the SEC did with no real downsides in the end. Just common sense.

But we get stuck with EXACTLY what the President’s wanted….a figurehead that avoids or defers all decisions. Or is so unprepared and not up to speed on reality….makes a stupid short term decision that helps no one.

I am hoping that even as politically motivated as many of the presidents seem to be, they have realized the error of their ways.

But you are right, the Big Ten is going to pay dearly the next couple years for the folly of 2020.

My only hope is that Nebraska will be seen as one of the few with common sense in the league and it will not affect our recruiting or reputation.

I mean the Big Ten’s blunders already have. Just look at our seeding in this tournament. I’m hoping the conference recovers, but there is no doubt the damage that has been done.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back