• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kevin Warren Named Sixth B1G Commissinor (6/4/19)

Great posts and valid concerns. The B1G is flush with money and access leads to excess. I read an article about the Pac-12 not too long ago and they're spending a ton of money on plush offices, etc. It won't be too long before the complaints about unwise spending start rolling and summarily ignored.
You make another valid point. In too many cases, some who are too "flush" with cash will start to spend it foolishly. And soon they find themselves without the cash and a product that has diminished in quality. To be hiring people just to be hiring people and overpaying top people in the organization just because you can is a way to start the complaints rolling in.

By the way, who does the checks and balances to keep overspending from happening? With all the money that is involved in college athletics, is there even such a thing. And with all of the money available, would anyone have any idea how to control finances? This isn't sarcasm, I'm really curious.

By the way, who does the checks and balances to keep overspending from happening? With all the money that is involved in college athletics, is there even such a thing. And with all of the money available, would anyone have any idea how to control finances? This isn't sarcasm, I'm really curious.
That's a really good question. Though I don't know the details, ultimately it would be the school presidents who have final say because they could fire, non-renew, renegotiate Warren's contract, but I don't know the details for how long his contract will be. What Ed said about the Pac 12 is also relevant because it went hand-in-glove with the issues that Moos ultimately had at Washington State with revenue shortages. They chose to start their own channel, rather than negotiating the rights to their channel (which is what everybody else does), and the universities were promised money from that which never came. The up-front costs were significant, also, and the league commissioner began living like a sultan with private jets and new offices in expensive S.F. Bay Area real estate locations. I'm REALLY glad that Moos is here now because he's going to be extra-sensitive to that sort of thing happening here in the B1G, and I'd like to think that he's respected enough that Nebraska officials and even other ADs would listen to him if he has concerns. I'm waiting to hear the first thing(s) that Moos says that aren't glowing about the new commissioner.

The Vikings were underperforming for two decades. The guy hit a softball. I'm not convinced were getting the correct person for this conference. If some of his previous baggage comes out, you'll understand. Otherwise, he's simply a meh pick.

The Vikings were underperforming for two decades. The guy hit a softball. I'm not convinced were getting the correct person for this conference. If some of his previous baggage comes out, you'll understand. Otherwise, he's simply a meh pick.

I'm curious to know what is his 'previous baggage'?

Unless you have validated proof from a reputable source that you can link for all to read please do not go there. For all the obvious reasons
Thanks
RR
You only need to talk to Vikings fans. He's a Bill Byrnes type.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back