• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked KETV is reporting that Dennard was arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really isn't worth but a few more seconds addressing your comment here. It is the last post from me here, so you have free reign in getting in the last word. I think you are wrong on this, I do think many here disagree with my take on this. I do believe AD showed himself deserving of the thug designation. I believe as Pelini does that your reputation is one of your most valuable possesions and it is far easier to wreck it than rehabilitate it--AND RIGHTFULLY SO. I think AD will be rebuilding his rep for YEARS before it is repaired...and yes, I do believe in redemption...just not usually before the guy is out of jail the way many here do. I also think the reports (and the felony charge) and it taking 4 or 5 guys to subdue him indicate it wasn't the lovefest that you portray. Finally, I just don't understand why you think his GPA (which is 3.2 evidently) means ANYTHING with regard to his character. It's a pretty well known fact that there are lot's of smart, and even hard working, criminals and thugs. Go ahead, have the last word.

You Darn Skippy I'm going to get the last word........even though I don't need it.....:lol:

Let's see easy way to put it. His GPA resembles his work ethic in the classroom. How many thugs do you do know, that stay on the Dean's list their entire time in college.......

And I never said it was a lovefest, I said he isn't as bad as you are apparently trying to paint it out to be. You see FELONY and automatically you want to claim he is the lowest of people, a thug. A buddy of mine side swiped another civilians car in Omaha on 72nd St in front of a mall right after Nebraska beat Miami for TO's 1st title. The car was scratched up and the side view mirror came all the way off. He got a small fine for and was able to go to some class so that points weren't put on his license. Misdemeanor is what he ended up with. He now ironically delivers Jimmy John sandwiches..... Yet, my older sister yelled at a cop who was blocking in at a grocery story while he was questioning some other guy he pulled over. Her being impatient, she attempted to back out, trying to squeeze through the space next to her and bumped the officers car. No dents, no paint even rubbed off but yet she got a felony count for reckless driving. I told her that her attitude is the reason the charges were bump like that. The event was as bad but how she handled the situation made it worse. Being the thug she is, she now preparing to take the Bar Exam this year.

My point is situations are handled on a case by case basis, based on how the people involved use their decision making but even that does not place a lifetime label on the individual.

And the thing is I was present for both of those incidents and still didn't put a label on either individual, though I told my sister to calm down and that she was over reacting. You weren't there with AD yet some how because of this event, you label him a thug and you claim that he has a history of doing this, even though their is no records indicating your blasphemous claims to be true............you gracefully given me the last word was the best part of your argument because the posts were left field and made no sense........

Edit: had to proof read my post, don't want you going to tattle on me for "attacking you".........:lol:

Last edited:

There's a very strong and relentless effort in this thread to portray Fonz as an unredeemable soul.

People of high character that have had similar issues or incidents in the past aren't names that rattle off the top of anybody's tongue because they've been given the opportunity to show their worth over the longterm. I know some well established people that have "spots" in their history when they were young, but rather than letting small minded people that would label them as "thugs", they continued to work with many people that would reach out and help make sure that the rest of their life had the opportunity to stay on track. That these individuals wouldn't be dragged down by negative labels designed to "put them in their place".

They're good people that you deal with in your everday life that have an incident that they'd like to leave in their past. Lawyers, insurance agents, business owners.....heck, even a judge or two that I know of.

You even see efforts to portray Dennard's incident as if he squared up an "punched out a cop", when the truth be told, you'd probably find that the officer was hit was due to incidental contact as Dennard was trying to break away from being held back.

Obviously Alphonso was still in the wrong, majorly, but it still paints the picture totally different than the one some are trying to put in the frame.

Another thing to kind of think about. While small minded people were trying to make sure negative labels stick to Dennard, from what I hear, last night he was participating in a charity basketball game trying to help those less fortunate. There was a basketball game between former Huskers and some of our officers with LPD last night put together by Eric Warfield to help the Lighthouse which is a place here in Lincoln that attempts to provide a way to keep kids off the street and provides the opportunity to go down the right path.

No doubt Dennard would love to have a redo for that one hour of poor decisions, but if that's the only incident in his life, he's still way ahead in the character department over those that want to label him.

Last edited:
There's a very strong and relentless effort in this tread to portray Fonz as a unredeemable soul.

People of high character that have had similar issues or incidents in the past aren't names that rattle off the top of anybody's tongue because they've been given the opportunity to show their worth over the longterm. I know some well established people that have "spots" in their history when they were young, but rather than letting small minded people that would label them as "thugs", they continued to work with many people that would reach out and help make sure that the rest of their life had the opportunity to stay on track. That these individuals wouldn't be dragged down by negative labels designed to "put them in their place".

They're good people that you deal with in your everday life that have an incident that they'd like to leave in their past. Lawyers, insurance agents, business owners.....heck, even a judge or two that I know of.

You even see efforts to portray Dennard's incident as if he squared up an "punched out a cop", when the truth be told, you'd probably find that the officer was hit was due to incidental contact as Dennard was trying to break away from being held back.

Obviously Alphonso was still in the wrong, majorly, but it still paints the picture totally different than the one some are trying to put in the frame.

Another thing to kind of think about. While small minded people were trying to make sure negative labels stick to Dennard, from what I hear, last night he was participating in a charity basketball game trying to help those less fortunate. There was a basketball game between former Huskers and some of our officers with LPD last night put together by Eric Warfield to help the Lighthouse which is a place here in Lincoln that attempts to provide a way to keep kids off the street and provides the opportunity to go down the right path.

No doubt Dennard would love to have a redo for that one hour of poor decisions, but if that's the only incident in his life, he's still way ahead in the character department over those that want to label him.

Really good post.

There's a very strong and relentless effort in this tread to portray Fonz as a unredeemable soul.

Great post +10000

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back