• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kentucky Derby

My wife and I are heading home from the Derby ourselves. What a great time. Little rainy Thursday but we were undercover. Awesome day yesterday with the closest Derby since 1947. Hope you had as much fun as we did.
We did. We were in the First Turn Club. It was a great overall experience. Ended up close to even on betting for Friday and Saturday. Hanging around a couple of more days to do some bourbon tasting and going to the Louisville Slugger museum.

We did. We were in the First Turn Club. It was a great overall experience. Ended up close to even on betting for Friday and Saturday. Hanging around a couple of more days to do some bourbon tasting and going to the Louisville Slugger museum.
I really enjoyed that museum several years ago. Plus a Michter’s distillery right nearby.

Sounds like a great overall trip for you. Enjoy!

Hope you went to the Old Forester distillery.

Only went to the Derby once, but ended up in the special place they put dignitaries (I was with one). Had a $5 win ticket on Majestic Prince when $5 was real money.

Really fun time.

Was that a good place to watch from. My wife and I are going to go next year and we have never been. I want to sit in a nice area but not one that will break the bank :) Great hit on the 3. We hit the $1 exacta as well. :)

Was that a good place to watch from. My wife and I are going to go next year and we have never been. I want to sit in a nice area but not one that will break the bank :) Great hit on the 3. We hit the $1 exacta as well. :)
It was a good place right on the first turn. We were in the food and drink section with assigned tables and it included all the food and drink. It was at ground level and if you go out early enough before the next race you can stand on the rail as they come around the first turn. There is a grandstand section above that area that probably has a better view and is most likely a lot less expensive.

And from a hockey guy! Two minutes to go and one team protecting a one goal lead and the other with an empty net.
Game still adds up to 60 minutes. Took 58 minutes to get to that point

Horse racing you get it all in the 2 minutes

Really cool place. I visited on a layover when I was working. I had a couple bats made to order with team and personal names and then delivered for gifts.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back