• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Keith Williams suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

husker6

Huskers Rising
10 Year Member
On Twitter

Suspended w/o pay till Aug 31 and suspended from coaching 4 games

TWC SportsChannel NE‏@TWCSportsNE
#Huskers WR coach Keith Williams suspended thru 8/31 and cannot attend first 4 games of season. Riley statement:

CqOe12IWEAA_Q3c.jpg

I can live with that.

That also tells me they know something about the criminal trial aspect of the case. I'm guessing you'll see a guilty plea to something coming soon and an agreed upon sentencing.

About what I expected. Let's hope Keith learns from this dangerous mistake and can continue to be a great asset to the program.

About what I expected. Let's hope Keith learns from this dangerous mistake and can continue to be a great asset to the program.

Given his ability to connect with young kids, he could be a huge asset to the general community doing speaking at schools. I realize most kids tune these types of things out but he seems to have a way to connect with kids so maybe he can help.

This obviously won't please everybody but it seem fair IMO. This may be the thing KW needs to completely turn his life around for the better. GBR

Sounds about right. Takes a hit but minimal (as can be expected) disruption to the team. Like anyou player suspended...still has to practice...just no game fun.

In a sad kinda way, Riley could say, "This hurts us, as much as it hurts you," because it adds more responsibility to staff to cover for his absence. Though, he won't be gone for too much longer

Last edited:
In addition to the legal consequences, this seems appropriate. I will be pulling for KW to succeed.

Absolutely the correct decision, and I have no doubt that the result is in part to Coach Williams taking full ownership in his mistake.

While everybody, and I've seen it on here, tries to paint every DUI arrest with a paint brush, every situation is NOT the same. Even with multiple incidents. IMO, it's obvious that he didn't try to explain away his error or try to push the blame somewhere else.

His lowest point was with the arrest.......and that arrest can be a blessing with the right people willing to help get everything in his life back on track and not just turning away and trying to isolate a very positive and productive person.

Acceptable solution to a complex problem. Now it's up to Williams to take change in his habits as a personal challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back