• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Keisei Tominaga (fm Olympics To A Husker)

Off topic: USA men did not qualify -- first time in history that the USA didn't qualify for an olympic basketball event.
I'm curious how much coverage this is going to get with no USA. I'd like to watch it, and its historic, but not sure what the network will think. I bet it gets sporadic attention.

Didn't see any of the games But saw this summary elsewhere: :Redface:

1st game vs Poland
Tominaga had 7 of the team's 19 points but made only 1 of 8 "2-point" shots. Was 5-of-6 from "1-point" land. Was +4 in +/-, tops on the team.

Vs Belgium
scored 6 of the 18 points, including both baskets in overtime. He was 6 of 7 from 1-pt area and 0-6 from the 2-pt area, so similar to game one. +4 again to lead the team in +/-

Tominaga is definitely scrappy, quick, and a willing defender. Also very savvy - just knows where to be and anticipates the flow of the game well........Hopefully it all translates to D-1 hoops. He has a lot of good instincts

From another site: :Redface:

Japan lost its game today 21-20 to Netherlands.

Tominaga had a huge game, scoring 10 of Japan's 20 points - he made both 1-pt shots and was 4 of 8 from 2-pt shots. Was +1, again leading the team.

(from another site: :Redface:)

Japan lost 21-18 to Latvia - Tominaga again was the leading scorer with 9 pts - made 3 of 4 from 1 pt and 3 of 5 from 2 pt, so he definitely got his long range game going. Was minus-3 in +/- - first time he's been minus.

Japan is tied with Russia for 6th, and China is 8th, so Japan still has a decent chance at finishing in the top 6.

Replays are available: (but you have to navigate the website to find the respective game(s)) :(

Thanks for the link RD. I gave it a try and found that a provider login is required after a few courtesy minutes. My provider is YouTubeTV which works there, but is much easier to work with on it's own. So I've selected for recording some Olympic sports such as 3x3, women's soccer & volleyball. Of course it captured FIFA Euro 2020, Copa America, and currently CONCACAF Gold Cup. As a bonus it includes B1G Network so copatured 1994 CU vs NU football earlier today and will get 2001 OU v UN later today. If you like a variety of sporting events it's really slick.

Japan has some shooters, but they don't have the big bodies and strength. I figured Brown was on the team to provide that, but the Latvians stuffed him pretty easily. Outside shooting and foul shots are all that kept Japan in that game. Tominaga can make some amazing long distance shots and is quick. He'll be fun to watch for Husker fans.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back