• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Keeping up with the 2019 Commits--Highlights, Tweets, and More (NSD LOI Signing Times)

Tony Wallace committed to TCU today.

Not a fan of the job Fisher has done this cycle, even if Nebraska gets NPG. Frost has taken a big role in his recruitment and it's been largely a team effort.

Nebraska came into this class with pretty big needs at corner and safety. They could have used 5-6 guys. He failed to get much traction during the spring and summer and has subsequently missed out on several guys who at one point were considered Husker leans. Now on the eve of the first signing period, Nebraska is sitting at three guys: two who might be better OLB's than safeties and no true corner yet. January is going to be important for his position group.

Not a fan of the job Fisher has done this cycle, even if Nebraska gets NPG. Frost has taken a big role in his recruitment and it's been largely a team effort.

Nebraska came into this class with pretty big needs at corner and safety. They could have used 5-6 guys. He failed to get much traction during the spring and summer and has subsequently missed out on several guys who at one point were considered Husker leans. Now on the eve of the first signing period, Nebraska is sitting at three guys: two who might be better OLB's than safeties and no true corner yet. January is going to be important for his position group.
Hopefully, things end up well come January.

He is starting to kinda seem like this staffs Reggie Davis...good coach, average recruiter so far.

He is starting to kinda seem like this staffs Reggie Davis...good coach, average recruiter so far.
This is actually an interesting take. He certainly is not active on social media, but we signed a top 5 safety class in 2018, he had to have some part of that. I was thinking it was due to his lack of twitter usage, but then you go look at someone like Barrett Ruud who hauled in an unreal ILB class and he uses Twitter less than Fisher.

This is actually an interesting take. He certainly is not active on social media, but we signed a top 5 safety class in 2018, he had to have some part of that. I was thinking it was due to his lack of twitter usage, but then you go look at someone like Barrett Ruud who hauled in an unreal ILB class and he uses Twitter less than Fisher.
Yeah, I thought about last years haul while in the process of comparing the two. Fishers personality, from video observation only, definitely seems a little frank and rough around the edges. Any insights or thoughts on how he relates with kids in person?

I suppose what he does for the 2020 class will really determine what he may be capable of, as he'll have a full two years of recruiting kids and building those relationships. What he's seem to have done with coaching up the DBs, L. Jackson in particular, gives him that added benefit of being a developer of talent. We'll see what he's able to mold his two DB classes into.

Yeah, I thought about last years haul while in the process of comparing the two. Fishers personality, from video observation only, definitely seems a little frank and rough around the edges. Any insights or thoughts on how he relates with kids in person?

I suppose what he does for the 2020 class will really determine what he may be capable of, as he'll have a full two years of recruiting kids and building those relationships. What he's seem to have done with coaching up the DBs, L. Jackson in particular, gives him that added benefit of being a developer of talent. We'll see what he's able to mold his two DB classes into.
It's okay to have a coach who doesn't recruit lights-out as long as you acknowledge the fact and overlap. Not everyone is going to be a Ryan Held type recruiter. Let Wilhite and Ruud (and Chinander) help with corners and safeties, no harm done if Fisher is coaching them up to play (and to me it looked like there was a LOT of improvement in the corners and safeties this year).

I’m not sure if I’ve put it on this board before, but when you talk to Fisher, he’s quiet and very matter of fact. He just goes and gets his job done. I think for recruits like Newsome, it works perfectly. He is basically the opposite of Keith Williams. I have no issue if someone doesn’t use twitter but still gets Ruud results. If we land Starks and Pola-Gates to finish this class, all the concerns go away pretty quick. Fishers demeanor goes really well with Pola-Gates fwiw.

I’m not sure if I’ve put it on this board before, but when you talk to Fisher, he’s quiet and very matter of fact. He just goes and gets his job done. I think for recruits like Newsome, it works perfectly. He is basically the opposite of Keith Williams. I have no issue if someone doesn’t use twitter but still gets Ruud results. If we land Starks and Pola-Gates to finish this class, all the concerns go away pretty quick. Fishers demeanor goes really well with Pola-Gates fwiw.
I remember there was discussion on here this summer when Fisher was publicly calling out specific players. I think most took a wait and see attitude and let's see how it works out this year. It took almost a full season but Fisher seems to have guided the current DB roster talent back on track. Fisher's recruiting chops may need a CB draft pick or two before his direct style becomes more effective.

"I think that's my best shot at playing as soon as I can, just the fact that I need to gain weight before I can play," Hickman said. "(I'm) not that big – for a tight end anyways. Just getting in the strength program. Nick had a little bit of an influence on that."

Nick would be his Burke teammate, linebacker Nick Henrich, who will also be one of his college roommates in 10 days. They're coming to Lincoln with some steam.
Article Link

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back