• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Keep in mind we landed Cooper and Carnes late in the cycle last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the concept spoken in the posts but I just don't see how BC was a desperation move being that we were recruiting him even before the Gabbert situation. True, he may have never gotten an offer had we kept Gabbert (I think Watson said that Gabbert was going to be the only QB for that class), but a relationship was build over time and he had an committed to USF. The dominos fell and we got him on board. Yes he had a peer at WKU but really can you compare anything about that program to NU. I don't know too many young men with even decent talent who would turn down an offer to NU for WKU because the coach is an alumni of the school they are leaving. Maybe we got lucky the way everything fell in to place right on time with USF, Gabbert, etc, but not desperation. Having a back up is not desperation.

Could not have said it better....and FWIW he was a 4****5.8 guy.....who had offers from 7 (Georgia, WVU, Nebraska, Clemson, Cincinnati, Lousville & USF) BCS schools and probally would have had more had he not committed very early in the process to USF....

I understand the concept spoken in the posts but I just don't see how BC was a desperation move being that we were recruiting him even before the Gabbert situation. True, he may have never gotten an offer had we kept Gabbert (I think Watson said that Gabbert was going to be the only QB for that class), but a relationship was build over time and he had an committed to USF. The dominos fell and we got him on board. Yes he had a peer at WKU but really can you compare anything about that program to NU. I don't know too many young men with even decent talent who would turn down an offer to NU for WKU because the coach is an alumni of the school they are leaving. Maybe we got lucky the way everything fell in to place right on time with USF, Gabbert, etc, but not desperation. Having a back up is not desperation.

Could not have said it better....and FWIW he was a 4****5.8 guy.....who had offers from 7 (Georgia, WVU, Nebraska, Clemson, Cincinnati, Lousville & USF) BCS schools and probally would have had more had he not committed very early in the process to USF....

I honestly thought that was the reason he didn't get as many offers that are warranted by a young man as talented as he. And from the things I've been hearing throughout this season of him as a redshirt, it just confirms it. Again I think we are maybe more Lucky to have gotten him out of Florida rather than desperation, similar to how I felt (feel) about us getting Burkhead.

I think so too....that is not unusal when a kid of his talent commits early....I woudl agree the stars aligned and we got lucky after Gabbert left....but thats recruiting in a nutshell many times...:)

I honestly thought that was the reason he didn't get as many offers that are warranted by a young man as talented as he. And from the things I've been hearing throughout this season of him as a redshirt, it just confirms it. Again I think we are maybe more Lucky to have gotten him out of Florida rather than desperation, similar to how I felt (feel) about us getting Burkhead.

I think so too....that is not unusal when a kid of his talent commits early....I woudl agree the stars aligned and we got lucky after Gabbert left....but thats recruiting in a nutshell many times...:)

yea, because of recruiting, reality of the season doesn't hit me hard until after the spring game. I just can't get into college basketball or any pro sports like I use to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back