• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

KC Chiefs

cthusker

You talken to me?
10 Year Member
So much for KC's unstoppable offense! Colts showed the rest of the NFL how Mahomes can be defensed. Gotta give props to that Colts team for doing the unexpected last night. Unless KC can improve that run defense they are going to have a very difficult time getting to the SB this year imo!

Sunday night's loss was a couple of weeks coming. It was obvious in the Baltimore and Detroit games that KC can't stop the run. Problem with the NFL is that coaches have huge egos, and will not run the ball like Indy did the other night. As far as Mahomes, it's not that hard to defend him when he doesn't have the ball. KC only had 8 minutes of possession in the second half. Plus, he was without his top 2 WR's, one of his top 2 RB's, and down 2 on the OL. Still threw for over 300 yards and a TD. Not good enough, but not pedestrian either. The offense will be fine, but they need to have the ball. The D is still a big problem, but last year they were giving up too many quick scores. This season, they can't get off the field.

I just don't understand why KC didn't go a little more into improving their defense from last year.

I just don't understand why KC didn't go a little more into improving their defense from last year.

They attempted at improving, but so far, guys like Frank Clark and Mathieu aren't planning out. Mathieu has stepped up the past couple of games, but Clark has been a bust so far. Sucked letting Houston go, but him not coming back was probably the right move.

Also for KC, Mahomes was hurt coming into the game and he got dinged several more times, including by one of his own linemen and was hobbling pretty good. I watched that game and have to believe if Mahomes had been 100%, the Chiefs win that game last night.

Also for KC, Mahomes was hurt coming into the game and he got dinged several more times, including by one of his own linemen and was hobbling pretty good. I watched that game and have to believe if Mahomes had been 100%, the Chiefs win that game last night.

Problem for Mahomes is that it's his ankle that's bothering him, and I'm surprised it didn't out-right break in the Indy game. Since ankle injuries linger, he'll be bothered by that for a while this season. Hopefully Hill getting back on the field will help.

Mahomes hurt in the first half of the game against Denver, but the next biggest story of this game is that the Bronco's look like it's about time to throw a hand grenade in the fox hole. Elway's has lost his touch and I guess it's been a few years gone. Fangio isn't a head coach. Flacco...well, yeah.

Tennessee must really suck to get shutout by this Broncos team. Always nice to go into Denver and beat the crap out of the Broncos. The injury to Mahomes absolutely sucks though. Even though Matt Moore isn't going to get the job done while Mahomes is out, there isn't much in the FA QB pool right now. I don't know if KC tries to make a trade with someone that has a seasoned back up, or rides with Moore, and hope to win 1 or 2 more games. There are a couple of winnable games, if the rest of the team steps up and plays like they did last night. Minnesota at home, at Tennessee and Chargers in Mexico City are all winnable with Moore at QB. I'm guessing Mahomes is out until after their bye in week 12. That would give KC 5 more games with Mahomes, and three of those games against the AFC West.

Fox pre game show this morning said 3 to 6 weeks out for Mahomes. However that remains to be seen as the worst thing KC could do was bring him back not fully healed. Many great seasons ahead for him imo so get him healed should be the most important.

Look forward to seeing KC at Gillette playing the Pats in Dec.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back