• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kaylee Page to transfer; her sister not coming as well

CombatTargeteer

Husker Immortal
10 Year Member
Brian Rosenthal@HuskerExtraBR <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 4m4 minutes ago</small>
Statement from Connie Yori on transfer of Page:

B4dW3p3CYAAhQdF.jpg

Brian Rosenthal@HuskerExtraBR <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 17m17 minutes ago</small>
Freshman Kaylee Page is leaving #Nebrasketball women's program, and sister Lanie has been released from her signed letter of intent.

trouble in river city

I don't know anything about this situation, so perhaps I am WAY off here... but to me, Yori's statement implies immaturity, a sense of entitlement, and aversion to hard work for both the players and the parents. I'm I reading this wrong?

I don't know anything about this situation, so perhaps I am WAY off here... but to me, Yori's statement implies immaturity, a sense of entitlement, and aversion to hard work for both the players and the parents. I'm I reading this wrong?

I was intrigued by the timing. Right after an ugly loss. You could be spot on.

No, you aren't reading it wrong, although the Page sisters are not bad kids at all. Kaylee got along well with her teammates. I don't think it's an aversion to hard work thing, but the other descriptions probably are applicable. Their dad is a coach, which makes it somewhat surprising that he apparently has been a problem. As a coach, one would think he would understand the issues involved with being an "involved" parent, and also the need for patience and delayed gratification. Dad has always coached the girls, and I think it has been difficult with Kaylee to not have him involved with her basketball life.

Too bad it didn't work out; 5 star talent and size doesn't come along too often around these parts. But if this was always going to be a chemistry depleter, better to deal with it now rather than two years from now.

Last edited:
I live near Wamego. The Page girls are good kids but there is no reason to fear the wheels coming off Yori's program. There is a ton of meaning behind Yori's statement referencing the parents (the Dad mostly, I'm sure). I don't find this outcome at all surprising.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back