• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kansas hires Buffalo coach Leopold

I don't think it's a bad move for him. The Big 12 is wide open to some degree. Oklahoma and Texas are above everyone else and there are some other good programs but I think it's a conference that a lower program can rise in.

CoachStartEndRecord
Glenn Mason198819960.466
Terry Allen199720010.377
Mark Mangino200220090.510
Turner Gill201020110.208
Charlie Weis201220140.185
David Beatty201520180.125
Les Miles201920200.150

Kansas is a death trap for coaches. Going all the way back to Glenn Mason, the last seven coaches at KU are averaging just 3.7 seasons and a record of 0.288. If you take out the one bright spot in modern KU history (Mark Mangino) out of that equation, it's even more dismal.

The sad thing is that even Mangino was just barely above a losing record. Further, Charlie Weiss and Les Miles are proven coaches with great records. I think Turner Gill could have been great as well (biased, duh) but he got a job at, well, Kansas.

Moral of the story? Take a MAC or SunBelt job over pitching your tent in Lawrence.
Buffalo is a MAC school. sunbelt would be a step down. i would have suggested the AAC.

buffalo has the largest enrollment among mac teams by more than 2k over the next school and 10k over the rest. also, its endowment is largest of the MAC and sunbelt members

houston is a trainrwreck with holgorsen even with billionaire friend(and chariman of the university regents). that job comes open in a year or 2.

I don't think it's a bad move for him. The Big 12 is wide open to some degree. Oklahoma and Texas are above everyone else and there are some other good programs but I think it's a conference that a lower program can rise in.
Is Texas in front of Oklahoma State, Iowa State, or are you just going by name only?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back