• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kale Fountian 8th Grader

At his current age, he's the best youth ball player I've ever seen in the state of Nebraska. And he's not done growing. This kid is extremely talented. I can't imagine he plays college ball, it'll be an interesting next 4 years.

Mike Martin Junior is an unreal recruiter, there is no reason for him to recruit a kid from Nebraska. IMO, this is the biggest college commit from a Nebraska baseball kid in a long time.

At his current age, he's the best youth ball player I've ever seen in the state of Nebraska. And he's not done growing. This kid is extremely talented. I can't imagine he plays college ball, it'll be an interesting next 4 years.

Mike Martin Junior is an unreal recruiter, there is no reason for him to recruit a kid from Nebraska. IMO, this is the biggest college commit from a Nebraska baseball kid in a long time.

The perfect game website has got to be wrong. It said his fastball was 75. Florida and the rest of the southeast is full of 14 year olds that touch 80-82.

I'm amazed at how talented young kids are today. When I was that age I knew some talented kids but they didn't live it like they have to do today. They didn't train 24/7/365 in one sport.

I also worry about how much of their youth they are losing either by choice or parental force.

Lastly it's troubling that colleges are interacting with children of this age. It's one thing to be aware of a kid and approach them at an appropriate time. It's entirely different to get involved when they are too young and vulnerable.

I'm amazed at how talented young kids are today. When I was that age I knew some talented kids but they didn't live it like they have to do today. They didn't train 24/7/365 in one sport.

I also worry about how much of their youth they are losing either by choice or parental force.

Lastly it's troubling that colleges are interacting with children of this age. It's one thing to be aware of a kid and approach them at an appropriate time. It's entirely different to get involved when they are too young and vulnerable.

That is where I am at with this. You see some pretty young girls committing in Volleyball, but more like sophomores in high school and to their home state. 8th grade, and half way across the country? Just odd.

Wow, there ought to be a "law"!!! Ridiculous! He is too young to make this determination, and his parents should put a stop to this! Now, does that sound like a disgruntled Husker fan????? ;)

Baseball is a hard sport to judge at such a young age. Most of these kids will of course grow more and change. The hard part is knowing if they can hit when the pitchers get good. Until the consistently see curve balls, sliders, and a pitcher that can paint all four corners. Hell my kid never strikes out but that could be because almost every pitch is a fast ball.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back