• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kaden Helms just burned out on NE and wants out of the state

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added numbers to your facts for clarity. I agree that 1 and 3 are facts, but the 2 is an opinion with a conclusion. I am not sure that #2 is even a widely held opinion, or that it has happened at Nebraska. We can discuss it, which is a good indication that it is an opinion. :)
After re-reading it, your probably right, it is conclusive. Honestly, the only thing you could maybe say against that point is it’s healthy for a team to go through that and eventually get to a well rounded roster. My question in return would be are we paying 5 million/year for immediate results (as expected with other coaches making less and producing more)? Or are we paying 5 million/year for what may or may not happen eventually.

I think it depends on what your talking about. For instance, if someone is speculating on why Kaden didn’t want to come to Nebraska, and doesn’t know Kaden personally, that to me is an opinion. However, when you are talking about facts like: the Huskers are barely .500 in the last handful of years, or we can’t make progress as a team because we keep losing veteran players to the transfer portal, or one time our coach actually blamed people clapping in place of a center that had issues with snapping the ball all season. Those to me are facts, and aren’t derived from opinion. That’s just my opinion about the difference between opinion and facts though....:).
Depends on the handful of years. If it's the last 4, not close to .500. Gotta go back to Riley in 2016 to get above .500.

Fact: Frost has NOT produced like everyone hoped he would, and the team didn't really become all that dangerous in 2019 or beyond.

After re-reading it, your probably right, it is conclusive. Honestly, the only thing you could maybe say against that point is it’s healthy for a team to go through that and eventually get to a well rounded roster. My question in return would be are we paying 5 million/year for immediate results (as expected with other coaches making less and producing more)? Or are we paying 5 million/year for what may or may not happen eventually.
I was just calling out your 'facts' because that's a pet peeve of mine.

As far as immediate results, that would have been my preference, but at this point, I think Nebraska is beyond the "cut bait" part of the old saw, and we're going to have to fish with what we got until it turns around. In other words, if Frost can't do it, no one can. I believe he can, but he's doing a lot of OJT which you don't want to deal with at that salary rate.

Last edited:

As far as immediate results, that would have been my preference, but at this point, I think Nebraska is beyond the "cut bait" part of the old saw, and we're going to have to fish with what we got until it turns around. In other words, if Frost can't do it, no one can. I believe he can, but he's doing a lot of OJT which you don't want to deal with at that salary rate.
Ill agree to disagree for the sake of getting back to the original subject of Kaden, if there are more things to be discussed (not sure there are). I dont want to get in trouble with the principal!

Last edited:

I added numbers to your facts for clarity. I agree that 1 and 3 are facts, but the 2 is an opinion with a conclusion. I am not sure that #2 is even a widely held opinion, or that it has happened at Nebraska. We can discuss it, which is a good indication that it is an opinion. :)
Numbers on their own are facts, how you use them can be an opinion

Last edited:
Hell, the more and more time I spend in Lincoln and Omaha, I want out of Nebraska. :Biggrin: The b!tch of mayor in Lincoln only cares about passing climate change laws and building housing projects, while not saying or doing sh@t about violent crime in Lincoln, which has increased dramatically. And if she has her say, the mask mandate will continue until the year 2030...

Looks like you forgot to read the threads on no politics on the main forums. Not to mention you forgot to read the rules about beating the word filter with curse words.

Your on a roll

Oh and a thread ban and a Formal Warning

More than likely a Vacation after I discuss it with David too

RR

Looks like you forgot to read the threads on no politics on the main forums. Not to mention you forgot to read the rules about beating the word filter with curse words.

Your on a roll

RR

tenor.gif

Such a ridiculous statement, I'm sorry.

Interesting how this thread was diverted from the original point and taken in a totally different direction

No clue

Why the question?

Oh and @CrabHusker and I both are
Lived and graduated in Bellevue. Most of my friends were AF kids. "Brats" meant only in the same vein as they referred to each other. Many top athletes at Bellevue high were AF kids. Had the best time hearing all the stories of their worldly adventures. Btw, a friend of mine and two of his mates - all three AF brats - formed the band America in London In the late 60s.

Ill agree to disagree for the sake of getting back to the original subject of Kaden, if there are more things to be discussed (not sure there are). I dont want to get in trouble with the principal!
Can you fill us in on why Kaden is not coming here? You seem to argue with anyone who speculates about it. You have said in the past you know the family. If not, just let it be. It is the offseason and people will talk about stuff like this ad nauseum. It gets run and run again. It sucks but its what we as fans do. Heck, if the Huskers can put a season together, I would be willing to bet Kaden gives the coaches a listen.

Lived and graduated in Bellevue. Most of my friends were AF kids. "Brats" meant only in the same vein as they referred to each other. Many top athletes at Bellevue high were AF kids. Had the best time hearing all the stories of their worldly adventures. Btw, a friend of mine and two of his mates - all three AF brats - formed the band America in London In the late 60s.

Very cool

Yup knew about America

Your on a roll

RR

Good discussion with him

Good guy

No vacation needed after we talked

RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks