• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kaden Helms just burned out on NE and wants out of the state

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting how this thread was diverted from the original point and taken in a totally different direction

No clue

Why the question?

Oh and @CrabHusker and I both are

It an interesting conversation. Air Force brats, not a Nebraska kid not wanting to go to Nebraska.

I thought for a long time that people who grew up as 'Military Brats' had a more well rounded world view because of the travel, exposure to different things and generally the experiences we gained moving from station to station. Then I met a few who had reacted very poorly to the moving and 'lack of roots' to an area. I've seen many on both ends of the spectrum, including family members, so just like anything else it's really dependent on the individual. I would have said the parents played a big role in it as well had I not seen the widely different reactions in my immediate family.

I could see a Air Force kid with no ties to the area other than a parent who's stationed at Offutt, not really having a lot of interest in staying in Nebraska, especially if they came from somewhere else. But that again would be an individual thing. Some might be fascinated with the history and the fan support.

It an interesting conversation. Air Force brats, not a Nebraska kid not wanting to go to Nebraska.

I thought for a long time that people who grew up as 'Military Brats' had a more well rounded world view because of the travel, exposure to different things and generally the experiences we gained moving from station to station. Then I met a few who had reacted very poorly to the moving and 'lack of roots' to an area. I've seen many on both ends of the spectrum, including family members, so just like anything else it's really dependent on the individual. I would have said the parents played a big role in it as well had I not seen the widely different reactions in my immediate family.

I could see a Air Force kid with no ties to the area other than a parent who's stationed at Offutt, not really having a lot of interest in staying in Nebraska, especially if they came from somewhere else. But that again would be an individual thing. Some might be fascinated with the history and the fan support.

As an Air Force brat and later active duty officer I had a blast moving around and seeing the country and the world. Having an English mom I think opened my mind to all things too.

Some kids do well with the moving some do not. Most usually do not have an attachment until dad or mom retire from active duty.

I think with the moving there was never an attachment to me until we settled in California when I started high school

Bottom line Kaden is going to what's best for him despite what a lot fans want to speculate on a message board. Speculation and opinions are great but that is what they are. 'Nuff said

When I chose the school I finally went to it was what was best for me without regard to what anyone else thought except for mom and dad. The education was top priority for them and as long as it met the criteria where I went was my choice.

Kaden will be fine as will Nebraska

Add me too that list also. Born in Mesowa Japan! Both parents active air force. Lived in Florida, California, Missouri, Omaha, and a short stint in Germany.

As an Air Force brat and later active duty officer I had a blast moving around and seeing the country and the world. Having an English mom I think opened my mind to all things too.

Some kids do well with the moving some do not. Most usually do not have an attachment until dad or mom retire from active duty.

I think with the moving there was never an attachment to me until we settled in California when I started high school

Bottom line Kaden is going to what's best for him despite what a lot fans want to speculate on a message board. Speculation and opinions are great but that is what they are. 'Nuff said

When I chose the school I finally went to it was what was best for me without regard to what anyone else thought except for mom and dad. The education was top priority for them and as long as it met the criteria where I went was my choice.

Kaden will be fine as will Nebraska

Let's stay on topic, guys. :)

Or they forget to say its your opinion and nothing more
I think it depends on what your talking about. For instance, if someone is speculating on why Kaden didn’t want to come to Nebraska, and doesn’t know Kaden personally, that to me is an opinion. However, when you are talking about facts like: the Huskers are barely .500 in the last handful of years, or we can’t make progress as a team because we keep losing veteran players to the transfer portal, or one time our coach actually blamed people clapping in place of a center that had issues with snapping the ball all season. Those to me are facts, and aren’t derived from opinion. That’s just my opinion about the difference between opinion and facts though....:).

Last edited:
I think it depends on what your talking about. For instance, if someone is speculating on why Kaden didn’t want to come to Nebraska, and doesn’t know Kaden personally, that to me is an opinion. However, when you are talking about facts like: the Huskers are barely .500 in the last handful of years, or we can’t make progress as a team because we keep losing veteran players to the transfer portal, or one time our coach actually blamed people clapping in place of a center that had issues with snapping the ball all season. Those to me are facts, and aren’t derived from opinion. That’s just my opinion about the difference between opinion and facts though....:).

No it's opinion

No it's opinion
1617824347582.jpeg

Hell, the more and more time I spend in Lincoln and Omaha, I want out of Nebraska. :Biggrin: The b!tch of mayor in Lincoln only cares about passing climate change laws and building housing projects, while not saying or doing sh@t about violent crime in Lincoln, which has increased dramatically. And if she has her say, the mask mandate will continue until the year 2030...

However, when you are talking about facts like:

1) the Huskers are barely .500 in the last handful of years,
2) we can’t make progress as a team because we keep losing veteran players to the transfer portal,
3) one time our coach actually blamed people clapping in place of a center that had issues with snapping the ball all season.

Those to me are facts, and aren’t derived from opinion. That’s just my opinion about the difference between opinion and facts though....:).
I added numbers to your facts for clarity. I agree that 1 and 3 are facts, but the 2 is an opinion with a conclusion. I am not sure that #2 is even a widely held opinion, or that it has happened at Nebraska. We can discuss it, which is a good indication that it is an opinion. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back