• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kaden Helms just burned out on NE and wants out of the state

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
It happens sometimes all over the country. I had a friend like that it's nothing personal as he told Coach Frost

I actually understand that thought process. It is why I left the state almost 40 years ago to join the Corps. I just wanted to see something else. Oddly enough it might also be a reason he transfers back here in a year or two. Sometimes the grass isn't as green as you thought.

Your statement would hold water except he included Tennessee (dumpster fire, possible probation), LSU (dumpster fire, Coach O might be getting fired), and FSU (dumpster fire, Norvell is 3-6 at FSU) in his top 10. But besides that, you are spot on.
Don’t waste your time with clowns. He only knows what he reads from others.

It’s fine if kids just want to get the heck out of NE and frankly I don’t want them here taking up a schollie when they’re likely to hit the transfer portal after year one or two anyway.

There are plenty of kids who want to get out of their own home states that want to come here. Except for Florida, let’s be more careful those kids because they keep leaving too lol.

I’m pretty critical of the current staff but I try to be fair and I’m just not that worried about having a year where a few local kids go elsewhere. That’s going to happen. Sucks that it’s a year where the state has some big time recruits but oh well.

Bottom line we need to remember is that these are 18 yr old kids that don't remember the Husker's of the 70's 80's and 90's so the passion just isn't there and some just want a change of scenery. That and they are 18 yr old kids who will change their mind in a heartbeat.

That said we all want the glory days back but it isn't that easy anymore and COVID hurt us more than the big states with no visits and kids still seeing corn fields as the Ne. lifestyle. it is what it is.

Your statement would hold water except he included Tennessee (dumpster fire, possible probation), LSU (dumpster fire, Coach O might be getting fired), and FSU (dumpster fire, Norvell is 3-6 at FSU) in his top 10. But besides that, you are spot on.

LSU is a dumpster fire? The team that won the Natty last year? lol. Ok. Tennessee is in Year 1 of a new coach. Norvell is heading into Year 2 at Florida State.

If Frost had experienced the sort of trajectory that everyone, including myself, had expected, Nebraska would be in the top groups for all these in-state kids. Had he gone 7-5, 8-4, 5-3 (like he should have), a lot of things would be different.

Certainly could be. But there also could be much more to it that is out of this staff's ability to control through wins.

I think unequivocally stating a kid isn't listing Nebraska in their top ten, choosing to stay in Nebraska regardless of personal wants, roster considerations, etc. isn't necessarily accurate. It seems to be a popular position to take right now, but I don't know that that makes it any more accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back