• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kade Warner....

Is also going to transfer...WOW...3 in one day...Either some don't like competition or we are definitely recruiting the wrong type of players....Wish they would understand, 1 PLAY, and they'd be in there..BUT, good luck to LM,KW and WF on their future endeavors...
Or.....

I don't blame players for wanting to play. I don't see any of these young men playing on Sunday's. With that in mind, why shouldn't they go somewhere that they can play on Saturday's. You only get one chance to be a collegiate athlete. I completely understand why they would prefer go to a smaller D1 school or even a lower division to be able to be a key starter on their future teams.

Is also going to transfer...WOW...3 in one day...Either some don't like competition or we are definitely recruiting the wrong type of players....Wish they would understand, 1 PLAY, and they'd be in there..BUT, good luck to LM,KW and WF on their future endeavors...
The usual "the guy just didn't want to compete" may soothe the ego but 99% of the time it's probably just not the case.

Obviously the reasons are endless. Some may just see that they'll never play and want to play even at a lower level. I can totally understand that.

When your leading WR leaves 2 years in a row...that's not guys "not wanting to compete". That is guys not wanting to play for Frost. Which leads you to wonder about all the other transfers...almost exclusively on offense.

I don't blame players for wanting to play. I don't see any of these young men playing on Sunday's. With that in mind, why shouldn't they go somewhere that they can play on Saturday's. You only get one chance to be a collegiate athlete. I completely understand why they would prefer go to a smaller D1 school or even a lower division to be able to be a key starter on their future teams.
Agree. All three of these guys were going to be limited going forward. McCaffrey was not the answer at QB IMO. He is a great talent as a football player but not QB. And the others weren't even playing at the end of the year. Luke's turnovers and Warners dropped TD's cost us in a couple of games. and I dont think Farinok ever fit into the plans at all. Best of luck to all of them going forward. Looking forward to the future, I would like to see a point guard type distributer at QB that gets the ball to the correct playmakers in space and avoids turnovers.

If I'm Warner, there are a couple of reasons that make transferring pretty sensible. First, if I am really a coach in waiting, learning from multiple staffs is always a good thing. You pick and choose the things you like and put them into practice once you become a coach. Second, if he really wants to play this year, then Nebraska is not going to be a good fit. He's been passed up, and it's possible if not likely that he's going to move further down once the dust settles after spring. Football is a really hard sport if all you do is practice, because practice sucks. He may still try to walk on at another P5, but if he does, I'd be shocked if he gets on the field much.

Warner was a hard working walk on who worked his way to a starting job and lost it to more talented receivers. He gave everything he had to this program and I don’t blame him for transferring. Wish him the best of luck wherever he goes hopefully he’ll get to a program where he can start.

The usual "the guy just didn't want to compete" may soothe the ego but 99% of the time it's probably just not the case.

Obviously the reasons are endless. Some may just see that they'll never play and want to play even at a lower level. I can totally understand that.

When your leading WR leaves 2 years in a row...that's not guys "not wanting to compete". That is guys not wanting to play for Frost. Which leads you to wonder about all the other transfers...almost exclusively on offense.
Stop employing logical thought to this situation. There is no place for that here.

I wish Kade luck. He seemed like a good kid that was willing to do the dirty work. In truth, baring injury (or 4 more guys transferring) he was going to be facing a reduced role - a "package" guy that you put in when you need extra perimeter blocking. Hate to say it, but the guy dropped almost as many TDs (2) as he had catches (5).

If I'm Warner, there are a couple of reasons that make transferring pretty sensible. First, if I am really a coach in waiting, learning from multiple staffs is always a good thing. You pick and choose the things you like and put them into practice once you become a coach. Second, if he really wants to play this year, then Nebraska is not going to be a good fit. He's been passed up, and it's possible if not likely that he's going to move further down once the dust settles after spring. Football is a really hard sport if all you do is practice, because practice sucks. He may still try to walk on at another P5, but if he does, I'd be shocked if he gets on the field much.
I'll give you credit. You're definitely a "glass is half full" kind of guy.

I wish them all luck in their next stops.

That has a lot to do with getting money for the spring semester!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back