• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

K-State at Texas

WestTexasHusker

All Legend
10 Year Member
Looks like a D2 crowd showed up to watch this future SEC juggernaut. Talk about a pathetic, loser-mentality bunch. Texas fans are happiest when they are looking for the next splash hire. Giddy about all their future glory. 9 games in, it’s time for rinse, lather, repeat.

Last edited:

Lot's of empty seats. Kansas State just went up 14-13.

love it. Amarillo is about 600 miles from Austin. Nearer to Lincoln as the crow flies. But when Texas is winning, I suddenly see UT paraphernalia all over town. I’m thinking gimme a break already. Right now, you’d be hard pressed to find any UT brandishments.

Funny stuff. Sheeple don’t like to be associated with losers, because they somehow see it as a reflection of themselves. Very few people here actually attend UT any more. It’s a liberal school for elites and protected classes. In terms of major universities, most kids go to Tech, OU, OSU, Baylor, aTm, or TCU.

Last edited:

love it. Amarillo is about 600 miles from Austin. Nearer to Lincoln as the crow flies. But when Texas is winning, I suddenly see UT paraphernalia all over town. I’m thinking gimme a break already. Right now, you’d be hard pressed to find any UT brandishments.

We just passed through Amarillo in October on our long road trip out west. Stopped by The Big Texan and Cadillac Ranch. Didn't attempt the 72 oz. steak challenge, though. Perhaps another time, lol.

How was The Big Texan?

We stopped by for a look early evening but didn't eat there. Instead, we drove to Tucumcari and had an awesome brisket burrito at Del's. There's not much on I-40 between Oklahoma City and Alburquerque. We wanted to check out Cadillac Ranch while there was still some daylight. Big Texan and Cadillac Ranch are (in)famous Historic Route 66 tourist traps. It's a pretty big place and there were lots of vehicles in the parking lot. Actually tough to find a place to park.

Last edited:
We stopped by for a look early evening but didn't eat there. Instead, we drove to Tucumcari and had an awesome brisket burrito at Del's. There's not much on I-40 between Oklahoma City and Alburquerque. We wanted to check out Cadillac Ranch while there was still some daylight. Big Texan and Cadillac Ranch are (in)famous Historic Route 66 tourist traps. It's a pretty big place and there were lots of vehicles in the parking lot. Actually tough to find a place to park.

Lived here my whole life and have never visited the Cadillac Ranch.

Lived here my whole life and have never visited the Cadillac Ranch.

10 vintage Cadillacs partially buried upright in the ground in the middle of a cornfield. Visitors can decorate them using spray paints as they see fit. In other words, you haven't missed much.

10 vintage Cadillacs partially buried upright in the ground in the middle of a cornfield. Visitors can decorate them using spray paints as they see fit. In other words, you haven't missed much.

yes, it’s about 2 miles from my house. Always amazed that this is a thing.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back