• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Just wondering about recruiting??

Knothole Bob

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
Isn't recruiting the #1 thing the baseball program needs to be concerned about? Don't we need a coach to do that? Should I be making some calls on the teams behalf? Will western Iowa and Colorado continue to be our main recruiting focus? Does anyone else think Patty or Sophie could bring in some California players?

Isn't recruiting the #1 thing the baseball program needs to be concerned about? Don't we need a coach to do that? Should I be making some calls on the teams behalf? Will western Iowa and Colorado continue to be our main recruiting focus? Does anyone else think Patty or Sophie could bring in some California players?

Recruiting is a Huge factor IMO..I do not know for sure but in college baseball can;t players switch school rather easily? I do not think they have the sit out rles like in football. I know they have to wait 3 years before leaving to MLB but i think they can go to a different school each of those three years if they want to. So that would mean that you not only have to recruit new players but also rre recruit the current players each year. I might be completly off base there, but I thought that was how it worjed in college baseball. That makes a great recruiter a top priority in a coach, especially at a "northern" baseball program.

Apparently, the assistants are still working in their offices. I suspect that they are working on recruiting.

Recruiting is a Huge factor IMO..I do not know for sure but in college baseball can;t players switch school rather easily? I do not think they have the sit out rles like in football. I know they have to wait 3 years before leaving to MLB but i think they can go to a different school each of those three years if they want to. So that would mean that you not only have to recruit new players but also rre recruit the current players each year. I might be completly off base there, but I thought that was how it worjed in college baseball. That makes a great recruiter a top priority in a coach, especially at a "northern" baseball program.

That's true...partial scholarships and easy transfer rules make it easier to reload than the other sports.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back