• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

June meeting?

I really liked Sharp with DB. He knew his role, could get Benning down a path listeners wanted to hear. I think he does a decent job on his own, which is really tough to do. I'm actually shocked though they got rid of Bahe for Sharp, even though I hate Crayton it could break some stuff up a bit.

Severe and DB just don't mesh well IMO. They both try to let you know how much they know, and that doesn't work. Neither will take a backseat to the other. Severe because he won't allow himself to, and Benning because his knowledge shouldn't take a backseat.
They did have a unique and entertaining banter I must admit. (Sharp and Benning) I just hate the pompous attitude he brings. He usually makes up for it with intelligent conversation. But his sh*t does stink ....... just like with all of us .... no more .... no less.

Last edited:

They did have a unique and entertaining banter I must admit. (Sharp and Benning) I just hate the pompous attitude he brings. He usually makes up for it with intelligent conversation. But his sh*t does stink ....... just like with all of us .... no more .... no less.
I can see that. I just think he did a good job of leading the path. He knew that people listened for DBs insight to the program. Whereas Severe will assert his opinion and DB basically has to say "well that's not really how it happened" or whatever.

Sharp makes me think a bit with some of the things he brings up. So I appreciate that.

Whereas Severe will assert his opinion and DB basically has to say "well that's not really how it happened" or whatever.

love that quote

I can see that. I just think he did a good job of leading the path. He knew that people listened for DBs insight to the program. Whereas Severe will assert his opinion and DB basically has to say "well that's not really how it happened" or whatever.

Sharp makes me think a bit with some of the things he brings up. So I appreciate that.
for me the best radio show was when Kevin Kugler and Severe were together. it was funny, insightful, level headed, and tough on coaches when they needed to be.
for some reason, Severe has gone away from what made him good listening. it just feels like now he just tries to explain why fans are wrong no matter the opinion. along those lines, i don't think he's as transparent as he used to be. What's annoying about benning is the little hints he likes to leave that nobody can make any sense of whatsoever unless you're inside the walls. that and the stalling when they know people are specifically listening for info on a packed news day.

OK so i will ask this once in hope that I get an answer that does not include who is or isn't the best host of local yocal radio. Does ANYONE have any insight about the June meeting?

I really liked Sharp with DB. He knew his role, could get Benning down a path listeners wanted to hear. I think he does a decent job on his own, which is really tough to do. I'm actually shocked though they got rid of Bahe for Sharp, even though I hate Crayton it could break some stuff up a bit.

Severe and DB just don't mesh well IMO. They both try to let you know how much they know, and that doesn't work. Neither will take a backseat to the other. Severe because he won't allow himself to, and Benning because his knowledge shouldn't take a backseat.
They didn't get rid if Bahe. He moved up. Nick is amazing, imo.

Benning and Sharpe balanced each other well, and I agree re Severe and Benning. The chemistry isn't quite right.

Sharpe does ok on his own, but he has super long crossovers now, and also has George to help him out. George seems very knowledgeable and likeable.

Planet-of-the-Apes-1968.jpg
to me, the best of all of the "planet" movies...though the newer ones were ok..guess I'm old.

Benning and Sharpe balanced each other well, and I agree re Severe and Benning. The chemistry isn't quite right.

Sharpe does ok on his own, but he has super long crossovers now, and also has George to help him out. George seems very knowledgeable and likeable.
Where did Bahe get moved up to? He’s doing his own podcast and still doing the broadcasting. Unless you are saying his podcast is moving up?

I listened to Bahe some about 4-5 years ago and couldn't stomach it...

Where did Bahe get moved up to? He’s doing his own podcast and still doing the broadcasting. Unless you are saying his podcast is moving up?
He had moved up to a national weekend show on Fox, then his broadcasting of games took off and he is focused on that. This is why he went the podcast format. He can do them around the games he is now getting assigned.

He had moved up to a national weekend show on Fox, then his broadcasting of games took off and he is focused on that. This is why he went the podcast format. He can do them around the games he is now getting assigned.
Isn't he just broadcasting the same ones he had been doing and isn't on the weekend show anymore?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back